• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I've got the opposite worry... I have 8" wrists and I'm hoping it fits! In both looks and also bracelet size!

As for the screws, well a few posts back a user mentioned on his V2 all the screws came out fine. It might have just been a v1 thing, at the moment it isn't clear. Mine is due to land in a few days and I'll let you know.

I am rather looking forward to it, I must say! Here's to hoping it looks good... I've heard basketball players wear them and I fit that profile... I'm 6ft 6 (2 metres) and large arms... so lets hope so! haha otherwise mine will be on M2M very soon!

You're built like a basketball player and you let go of a 41mm in favour of a 39mm? I would have thought you'd go for the 44mm :eek:hwell:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
You're built like a basketball player and you let go of a 41mm in favour of a 39mm? I would have thought you'd go for the 44mm :eek:hwell:

I'm not a fan of the 44s they look silly to me. Like toys, but I appreciate it's completely personal. Yeah something about the 15500s just didn't quite click with me! Who knows. I have round wrists though, not flat, so as a result watches don't look too small. Once I rocked a 38mm dress watch and I thought that was fine...(Nomos Orion Datum).

NOMOS_ORION_38_DATUM_DIAL6.jpg

I'm hoping the 15202 wears similar to that. Time will tell! I will post pictures and you can all laugh and think I'm wearing a child's watch. But if that does happen, I will be sad. This is a bit of a grail for me in real life, so to be able to get it in rep form and be able to test it... Just wowsors.

I'll make sure I tag you in the post :p

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You didn't do anything bad.

They are wrong.

I'll do it for you both.

If you post QC pictures, one that have already been accepted this is fine. Two, if you post QC pictures, you must ask a specific question.
He asked if it was V2, he wasn't sure.

He also asked about a faded AP logo, which is perfectly normal by the way it's just the angle.

You did nothing wrong, ignore both of these people who need to rules themselves.

This. Thanks.
Anyone got any further problems regarding this, take it up with me. Okay?!

johndoe27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/15
I received my QC pictures today, amazing watch! Nevertheless, I have the feeling that the Audemars Piguet & Automatic lettering is incorrectly placed compared to the gen and other XF models. Whats your opinion?

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
At 1st & 2nd pics, hands lume is white and markers’ lume seems yellowish.

Seems release 1?

You can see from the tapisserie shape and colour as well as the bezel screw position that this is V2. It just means that even on V2 there is still a mismatch of the lume albeit better than before.

Reactions: vcappp

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I received my QC pictures today, amazing watch! Nevertheless, I have the feeling that the Audemars Piguet & Automatic lettering is incorrectly placed compared to the gen and other XF models. Whats your opinion?

placement of AP logos are ok on this watch

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
I've got the opposite worry... I have 8" wrists and I'm hoping it fits! In both looks and also bracelet size!

As for the screws, well a few posts back a user mentioned on his V2 all the screws came out fine. It might have just been a v1 thing, at the moment it isn't clear. Mine is due to land in a few days and I'll let you know.

I am rather looking forward to it, I must say! Here's to hoping it looks good... I've heard basketball players wear them and I fit that profile... I'm 6ft 6 (2 metres) and large arms... so lets hope so! haha otherwise mine will be on M2M very soon!

Don‘t worry. This is how the DC looks on my wrist.
It is almost 8 inches and flat and i can tell you the size is magically perfect!
16b862abbf9b7a89cea2385f41e765b4.jpg

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Agree with you, that looks perfect. Wear it in good health!

The 39mm Royal Oaks have a fantastic sweet spot when it comes to size i think. It just looks right on almost any wrist thats not extraordinary big or small.

Reactions: legend

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
They didn't solve the lumen problem. can anyone please tell me if this dial is a V2? Thanks so much

Reactions: vcappp

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Judging from the colour and the shape of the tapisserie it looks like a V1. The shape of the tapisserie on V2 have sharper edges and are taller than V1.

Looks like a v1 to me too, text is sharp and the tapisserie is uniform, whereas there seems to be an issue with the V2 tapisserie whereby the squares are flatter on the bottom left vs. top right. If you're ok with the sunburst it may actually be a better dial than the v2 ;)

Reactions: nikemok and vcappp

johndoe27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/15
placement of AP logos are ok on this watch

Is it possible that the placement of the lettering also varies for the gens? When I look at gen pics, there seem to be deviations in the print alignment on the tapisserie.

According to PT, it should definitely be a V2. But they want to send me some more pics to show the lume.

Last edited: