• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Mr.RobotAI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/20
I want to say that as a newbie in Reps, I appreciate some of you that shared interesting and knowledgeable facts in this thread.

That being said, I decided to write and share some of my concerns which I haven't seen being mentioned before and I've read this whole thread.

My 2 cents on what I think. XF got a Gen AP 15202 and the conditions of the watch were as such. The job of the factory is to Rep something exactly the same as the Gen they have in front of them and they delivered it very well imo. What is pitty is the fact that perhaps they had a "bad" or "wore down" Gen piece in their hands. That's to explain the mistakes of Bezel screw and lume colours, which looks very similar from the pictures they provided for comparison, and if I'm not mistaken that video from the Chinese from guy from YOUKU comparing Gen, XF and JF, is probably an employee from XF as I understood from my bad Chinese, he was praising the XF over the JF and comparing its likeness to the Gen.

A lot of people seem to be concerned about the Bezel, which some truly were bad from the first pictures and first QCs but after the low key and unofficial "update" from XF, they look much better and more alike the Gens from pics (again I'm not an expert nor own an Gen AP at the moment to say for sure). Regarding the hand/pinion hand being too big compared to the Gen, for sure can be improved and I agree! And most of us are concerned about the Lume, which the hour markers are yellow ish and the hands are white when they were both supposed to be the same colour which is white. That's the biggest issue which on the latest QCs they look like they've been fixed and much better than before? (Anyone can confirm this for sure???)

I want to bring a concern of mine regarding the Lume lights IN THE DARK which I haven't seen it being discussed enough and maybe will help others like myself.

My concern with the Lume is that, the hand Lume lights compared to the hour markers are weak! Like I wrote above, I think XF got a Rep that could be wore down and their job was to Rep that and they did it! The issue is that I think the Gen they had the Lume light was weak on the hands! Some pics of Gens I see online the hand and the hour markers seem to have the same strength of Lume but I'm no expert! I have read in this thread people saying that in fact the Lume of the Gen ones are weaker on the hands compared to the hour markers. If so, could you please prove and demonstrate that in pictures for comparison?

I would kindly invite Erinoush or any other owners of the Gen AP 15202 to post some pictures of the Lume lights IN THE DARK here for us? That would clarify and close the subject once and for all.

You guys are great! Thanks.

Last edited:

N0tail_

1/6/17
All the points you mentioned have been discussed heavily in this thread.

Regarding bezel screws, XF have the tools and skills to make it properly.... Look at the XF FC V2. Perfect bezel screws without any alignment issues. I don't see why they haven't been able to translate that craftsmanship into their 15202.

As for lume, every photo a member posts has different lighting, different angles and different levels of light intensity to charge the lume. I can easily manipulate a photo to make it look like the lume is intense, even more so than gen. However, I would say the mismatched lume colour between the hour markers and the hands would be more of an issue than 'weak lume'.

Honestly I don't care and see the appeal behind lume. I don't rely on lume in dark environments to read the time, if I can't see my watch then out comes my phone. The fact that people are really fussed about something so trivial really intrigues me. My two cents :)

Last edited:

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
All the points you mentioned have been discussed heavily in this thread.

Regarding bezel screws, XF have the tools and skills to make it properly.... Look at the XF FC V2. Perfect bezel screws without any alignment issues. I don't see why they haven't been able to translate that craftsmanship into their 15202.

As for lume, every photo a member posts has different lighting, different angles and different levels of light intensity to charge the lume. I can easily manipulate a photo to make it look like the lume is intense, even more so than gen. However, I would say the mismatched lume colour between the hour markers and the hands would be more of an issue than 'weak lume'.

Honestly I don't care and see the appeal behind lume. I don't rely on lume in dark environments to read the time, if I can't see my watch then out comes my phone. The fact that people are really fussed about something so trivial really intrigues me. My two cents :)

In my honest opinion I don't think anybody cares what intrigues you. Most likely not even in real life, that's why you hop on forums to be a warrior if that's the attitude you have every time when writing. I'm talking about the watch, this is what the thread is for. The points heavily discussed mean nothing if there's no conclusion, nevertheless I'm not even bothered about the heavily discussed points. Scientists don't just talk about a subject and say "it's been solved" just because it's been heavily discussed or else Coronavirus would be over by now, we have to come to conclusions and solutions.

My main concern is the Lume lights IN THE DARK, people have different opinions and ideas of what a watch is. For example for you, you check the watch to find out the time in the year 2020, for me a watch is more of a cool bracelet and more towards Fashion, a highly exquisite crafted machine to wear on the wrist. Technology in 2020 is pretty good with perfect timing from all time-zones in the world on demand and looking at a watch to find out the time is rather primitive tbh.

Lume lights is important for me and perhaps the minority but it's a subject to discuss hence it's about the watch! So yes, Lume lights if not accurate as Gens in the dark can be a tell! Gen owners can share the information and help us come to a conclusion whether it's a manufacturer issue and badly done by XF or not. I thought the forum was a community of watch enthusiasts sharing information to improve current reps and knowledge, if I'm wrong I'm sorry for disturbing the community, but if owners can help with accurate information instead of being a knight warrior everyone wins including manufacturers. If all Gens have equal lightening Lume strength that's an issue. Based on my lifestyle as I'm always nights out (something you don't seem to know about) that's a serious concern for me thus the reason I'm interested in a replica. I'm about to buy my first replica to make sure I can enjoy my nights out instead of being concerned of losing or damaging my current and upcoming Gen watches.

Keep your problems to yourself, and let's only talk about the watches.

Have a nice day! :)

Last edited:

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20

tinitonsi Well that's the kind of reply I was expecting from the forum. Thanks for your time mate! :)

But still, doesn't answer my question.

My main thing is that we need to see a Gen lume lights up IN THE DARK! :p Filters are kinda irrelevant too, we'd be able to see whether it's the same strength from hands as well as hour markers with filters or not.

You're the perfect person to do this test since you own both Gen and Rep! :D

Put them both side by side, go to the dark and snap a picture if possible, then post it here and also update that thread of yours with the lume light in the dark to avoid further inquiries as such, I had seen your thread and if it was there I wouldn't bother writing here. Your thread is great by the way!!! :)

Last edited:

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Hello,
here it is gen in the dark as you ve been asking for :
g7q3.jpg

IRL I thing there is no real difference between the glow of the hands and the hours markers, which are for the both of them a little poor, but normal considering their thinnest, although not really perfect for someone living in the dark, modern Rolex such as submariners are clearly doing a better job
cheers,

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I want to say that as a newbie in Reps, I appreciate some of you that shared interesting and knowledgeable facts in this thread.

That being said, I decided to write and share some of my concerns which I haven't seen being mentioned before and I've read this whole thread.

My 2 cents on what I think. XF got a Gen AP 15202 and the conditions of the watch were as such. The job of the factory is to Rep something exactly the same as the Gen they have in front of them and they delivered it very well imo. What is pitty is the fact that perhaps they had a "bad" or "wore down" Gen piece in their hands. That's to explain the mistakes of Bezel screw and lume colours, which looks very similar from the pictures they provided for comparison, and if I'm not mistaken that video from the Chinese from guy from YOUKU comparing Gen, XF and JF, is probably an employee from XF as I understood from my bad Chinese, he was praising the XF over the JF and comparing its likeness to the Gen.

A lot of people seem to be concerned about the Bezel, which some truly were bad from the first pictures and first QCs but after the low key and unofficial "update" from XF, they look much better and more alike the Gens from pics (again I'm not an expert nor own an Gen AP at the moment to say for sure). Regarding the hand/pinion hand being too big compared to the Gen, for sure can be improved and I agree! And most of us are concerned about the Lume, which the hour markers are yellow ish and the hands are white when they were both supposed to be the same colour which is white. That's the biggest issue which on the latest QCs they look like they've been fixed and much better than before? (Anyone can confirm this for sure???)

I want to bring a concern of mine regarding the Lume lights IN THE DARK which I haven't seen it being discussed enough and maybe will help others like myself.

My concern with the Lume is that, the hand Lume lights compared to the hour markers are weak! Like I wrote above, I think XF got a Rep that could be wore down and their job was to Rep that and they did it! The issue is that I think the Gen they had the Lume light was weak on the hands! Some pics of Gens I see online the hand and the hour markers seem to have the same strength of Lume but I'm no expert! I have read in this thread people saying that in fact the Lume of the Gen ones are weaker on the hands compared to the hour markers. If so, could you please prove and demonstrate that in pictures for comparison?

I would kindly invite Erinoush or any other owners of the Gen AP 15202 to post some pictures of the Lume lights IN THE DARK here for us? That would clarify and close the subject once and for all.

You guys are great! Thanks.

If you are new to the Rep game there is one fundamental truth you have to accept. The business model of Rep factories is not to make the perfect rep for a particular watch. Their business model is to make a good enough watch to sell the current version. Ie- they deliberately make some parts of the watch different from gen so that they can sell later versions with minor improvements, and each version has very minor improvements to leave room for subsequent versions. This is why those of us who are experienced in this game wait for a version with flaws we can live with. For this XF 15202 the 'perfect' version could be V2 or V10. Nobody knows except the factory.

shortlegs

31/5/19
In my honest opinion I don't think anybody cares what intrigues you. Most likely not even in real life, that's why you hop on forums to be a warrior if that's the attitude you have every time when writing. I'm talking about the watch, this is what the thread is for. The points heavily discussed mean nothing if there's no conclusion, nevertheless I'm not even bothered about the heavily discussed points. Scientists don't just talk about a subject and say "it's been solved" just because it's been heavily discussed or else Coronavirus would be over by now, we have to come to conclusions and solutions.

My main concern is the Lume lights IN THE DARK, people have different opinions and ideas of what a watch is. For example for you, you check the watch to find out the time in the year 2020, for me a watch is more of a cool bracelet and more towards Fashion, a highly exquisite crafted machine to wear on the wrist. Technology in 2020 is pretty good with perfect timing from all time-zones in the world on demand and looking at a watch to find out the time is rather primitive tbh.

Lume lights is important for me and perhaps the minority but it's a subject to discuss hence it's about the watch! So yes, Lume lights if not accurate as Gens in the dark can be a tell! Gen owners can share the information and help us come to a conclusion whether it's a manufacturer issue and badly done by XF or not. I thought the forum was a community of watch enthusiasts sharing information to improve current reps and knowledge, if I'm wrong I'm sorry for disturbing the community, but if owners can help with accurate information instead of being a knight warrior everyone wins including manufacturers. If all Gens have equal lightening Lume strength that's an issue. Based on my lifestyle as I'm always nights out (something you don't seem to know about) that's a serious concern for me thus the reason I'm interested in a replica. I'm about to buy my first replica to make sure I can enjoy my nights out instead of being concerned of losing or damaging my current and upcoming Gen watches.

Keep your problems to yourself, and let's only talk about the watches.

Have a nice day! :)

What's with the attitude? Someone bothers to write a reply to your post, and you slam him for giving his opinion? And launch personal attacks as well?

WTH..

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
For those you have the Gen, how is the bracelet attachment to the case regarding the screws? I have seen in the XF it is quite different from 15300/15400/Diver ... now they use two tiny screws and a bar in the middle.

I am courious about this, and understand if this is Gen like construction or not.

97ce165afaf05ace4a8bf3cbcb0fe95f.jpg

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
If you are new to the Rep game there is one fundamental truth you have to accept. The business model of Rep factories is not to make the perfect rep for a particular watch. Their business model is to make a good enough watch to sell the current version. Ie- they deliberately make some parts of the watch different from gen so that they can sell later versions with minor improvements, and each version has very minor improvements to leave room for subsequent versions. This is why those of us who are experienced in this game wait for a version with flaws we can live with. For this XF 15202 the 'perfect' version could be V2 or V10. Nobody knows except the factory.

Good points man! Thanks for the insight.

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
Hello,
here it is gen in the dark as you ve been asking for :
g7q3.jpg

IRL I thing there is no real difference between the glow of the hands and the hours markers, which are for the both of them a little poor, but normal considering their thinnest, although not really perfect for someone living in the dark, modern Rolex such as submariners are clearly doing a better job
cheers,

That's exactly the reply I was looking for! Thanks for your time mate, really appreciate it! :)

You're the man!

Reactions: Lariram

daft772

28/5/19
For those you have the Gen, how is the bracelet attachment to the case regarding the screws? I have seen in the XF it is quite different from 15300/15400/Diver ... now they use two tiny screws and a bar in the middle.

I am courious about this, and understand if this is Gen like construction or not.

I don't have a 15202, but I have another Gen AP and mine uses the 2 screws and bar as you've described.

Reactions: asanibal

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

Mate this is an AP 15202 isn’t it?