• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
To be honest those pictures, if you look at them closely, shows a different tapisserie pattern. The one on the right appears to have the squares much more sharper than the one on the left.

Inviato dal mio iPhone 11 Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
To be honest those pictures, if you look at them closely, shows a different tapisserie pattern. The one on the right appears to have the squares much more sharper than the one on the left.

Its a matter of angle and lighting. I agree with what the rest have already said, that its not a gen dial at all.

Reactions: Allure

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Its a matter of angle and lighting. I agree with what the rest have already said, that its not a gen dial at all.

As I see from the video and photo, dial color is close.
But the bezel and pinion is wrong. Pinion is fat.
Is it possible to correct those bezel and pinion bro Legend?

Reactions: vcappp

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

Damn, then it’s not really a smart move bu the producer. Can’t wait to see some real life pics to make up my mind whether to get one myself too or not

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Damn, then it’s not really a smart move bu the producer. Can’t wait to see some real life pics to make up my mind whether to get one myself too or not

Yes, like I mentioned, we all have different stuff we can live with or cannot live with. To me, the dial could be acceptable but someone more pedantic will pick on a feature I don't care about.
I do agree that whoever did the comparison was trying to pull a fast one... and this brings to mind the question: If the rep dial is really close to the gen one, then why resort to this surreptitious and underhanded move? lol

Reactions: Allure

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Yes, like I mentioned, we all have different stuff we can live with or cannot live with. To me, the dial could be acceptable but someone more pedantic will pick on a feature I don't care about.
I do agree that whoever did the comparison was trying to pull a fast one... and this brings to mind the question: If the rep dial is really close to the gen one, then why resort to this surreptitious and underhanded move? lol

Still, what we can see in the comparison video shows something really close to gen at wrist distance.

Guess we can just wait.

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
I got some pics and below you will see one... of course I got some flaws but I hope it will arrive soon!

guessit

17/11/19
Thank you for the pic. I think it's not a rep that I'd buy, too many flaws visible even while wearing it for me (screws, dial color, case finishes, date)

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Thank you for the pic. I think it's not a rep that I'd buy, too many flaws visible even while wearing it for me (screws, dial color, case finishes, date)

About some flaws I'm agre with you but... what about the date?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy

You can’t really have an exactly gen like finishing. Do you remember you’re comparing a $400 watch with a $40.000 one?

Also I’m genuinely curious about what’s wrong to you about the date. Looks pretty much spot on to me

guessit

17/11/19
I do not pretend a perfect rep, I mean finishes are not spot on like many other reps. Did you see 15400 by ZF or JF? Finishes are much better, like much better are screws. Date seems to be too much wide to me, but I’d like to see other pics.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11

Can you elaborate? I think it's not a good photo, which doesn't help.

guessit

17/11/19
Yeah, it’s not a good photo, but from that photo you can see that screws are not spot on, finishes on the case are not vertical, date seems to be too wide, dial color is fanciful

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Dial color is notoriously hard to capture in pictures, and actually looks alright to me. And the brushing is vertical isn't it? It's the weird reflections from the rock, or whatever it's placed on that is distracting me. I'm waiting for QC pics of the one I ordered, is from Intime, who also don't provide great quality QC pics.

elichang

Horology Curious
16/9/16
I got some pics and below you will see one... of course I got some flaws but I hope it will arrive soon!

Is that the new XF? From your picture it seems to be missing the lume/white between the A and P in the logo. Was following the thread so apologies if you meant to post another factory for reference.

I am definitely interested in hearing feedback from those who placed an order. I am close to taking the plunge but my concern is how rough the bracelet will be. Of course knowing this is a rep I do not expect high quality finishing, but my BP 15300 was ok and the DC 15202 quartz is especially rough. If this XF variant is better I would consider purchasing and releasing my others.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Is that the new XF? From your picture it seems to be missing the lume/white between the A and P in the logo. Was following the thread so apologies if you meant to post another factory for reference.

I am definitely interested in hearing feedback from those who placed an order. I am close to taking the plunge but my concern is how rough the bracelet will be. Of course knowing this is a rep I do not expect high quality finishing, but my BP 15300 was ok and the DC 15202 quartz is especially rough. If this XF variant is better I would consider purchasing and releasing my others.

In case you want to sell the quartz, inbox me please. =)