• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
I wonder if you can switch the movement from the JF to the XF case. Cuz the JF looks much better. I am wondering if the two movements are the same

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I wonder if you can switch the movement from the JF to the XF case. Cuz the JF looks much better. I am wondering if the two movements are the same

JF is way thicker due to the decorative plates that are glued on top of the 9015 and are useless.

not only useless in a functional way but also useless in case of looks - because they look like tin foil. Or better they try to imitate the architecture of the 2121 but fail miserably as everything looks fake (well... it is) and got the icing on the top - the famous geneva scratches.

Believe me - the XF won‘t benefit from this abomination of a decoration. And it won‘t fit like i said.
rather leave the plain factory finish of the 9015 - it won‘t get any better at this point.

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
It has been 6 months since I've bought a watch, this was exactly what I was waiting for! Not perfect of course, but a lovely looking rep.

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
I think that this AP 15202 is really on point, except for movement that's good but it could be even better. But we all know that that's it even on the best rep (and gen 2121 movement is not the best in class talking about finishes). However XF come out with a boutique exclusive 15202 platinum/titanium with a deep blue dial, different from classic 15202 anniversary. Screws on bezel are correctly positioned and DW looks pretty. Case back is correct too: like gen Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711, 15202's case back is not brushed (and MK knew it when they release Nautilus 5711 v5/6).
You can compare a gen boutique 15202 in pics below
And this is a comparison between a platinum/titanium 15202 and a classic steel 15202, both gen

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think that this AP 15202 is really on point, except for movement that's good but it could be even better. But we all know that that's it even on the best rep (and gen 2121 movement is not the best in class talking about finishes). However XF come out with a boutique exclusive 15202 platinum/titanium with a deep blue dial, different from classic 15202 anniversary. Screws on bezel are correctly positioned and DW looks pretty. Case back is correct too: like gen Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711, 15202's case back is not brushed (and MK knew it when they release Nautilus 5711 v5/6).
You can compare a gen boutique 15202 in pics below
And this is a comparison between a platinum/titanium 15202 and a classic steel 15202, both gen

The gen 15202IP has a gradient smoked blue dial and a platinum bezel, and so, the rep is not replicating this model, as the color of the rep dial is a single tone of blue.
The blue color of the gen and rep can look different under different lighting, and the color is not a concern.
I know what the gen 15202IP looks like, and trust me the rep is light years away from being in the same league, looks wise.

I do agree with you that the rep is well-done for a first iteration, and that it is overall a superb effort. No arguments there. Thanks for sharing the pics, it is well appreciated.

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Thank you for your clarifications, even if I still believe that XF tried to replicate (knowing it or not) the boutique version. Maybe dial color is not on point (even if it’s actually darker), but AP logo at 6 o’clock is the “big” one, typical of 15202 boutique version.
What do you think about?

Reactions: vcappp

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you for your clarifications, even if I still believe that XF tried to replicate (knowing it or not) the boutique version. Maybe dial color is not on point (even if it’s actually darker), but AP logo at 6 o’clock is the “big” one, typical of 15202 boutique version.
What do you think about?

The gen 15202IP has a gradient dial, which is the distinctive feature of the platinum bezel model, which means that the dial has a "ring" of darker color surrounding the center. So it is a little like the Rolex Deepsea blue, where the dial has a gradient tone. This is obviously absent in the rep, which has a uniform color.
For the other features, yes, you can be correct though I have not studied them in detail. The bezel of the platinum model is also polished as opposed to brushed. Logo wise, I am not an expert. I do not think that the factories copied the platinum model, but the result is what it is, which you had thoughtfully broken down in your previous post and I agree with most of them.

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Yeah I agree too. I’ll wait for ZF model now.

XF didn't rep the 15202IP - they copied the last version of the 15202 with the new style dial - new logo and a different print layout. Nothing to doubt about that if you watch the video that was shared a few pages back.

There you can clearly see the XF vs the gen - an no there is no platinum version with polished bezel of polished links between on the bracelet.

Reactions: vcappp and legend

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Is the watch on the right a gen one? If so, the XF 15202 seems to be REALLY on point, except for the clone movement that is totally wrong

LT_UTC

Known Member
5/3/17
CH
From the front almost indistinguishable for the naked eye, which translates when worn on the wrist. I am impressed!

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Is the watch on the right a gen one? If so, the XF 15202 seems to be REALLY on point, except for the clone movement that is totally wrong

This is not meant to be a clone, just a modified miyota. Glad they didn’t add any plates and compromised thickness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Yeah I’m glad too, but someone was talking about clone and not modified miyota