• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
I don’t think it looks bad either. It’s perfectly typical of an AP bracelet-case fitment.

The thing is, gaps are present in the gen to varying degrees as well. Like any other matter, gen steel bracelets need to follow the laws of physics and nature and aren’t immune to stretching or becoming loose either. Show me a gen with a minimal gap and I can show you one with a larger gap. It’s just something very organic. The gaps between the links will also stretch over time. If you look at vintage Rolex bracelets you can easily see what I mean. They can look horrible and often do. Guys are just too picky about the bracelet gaps. I agree that when brand new the gen can have better bracelet fitment and finish but over time this becomes subject to normal wear and tear and hardly a concern. The bracelet edge and case gap in my gen 26237st looks worse than many watches shown here. I don’t really care. Gens aren’t perfect, so let’s not expect the reps to be either. It is perfectly ok of course to hold academic discourses/debates over details. It makes a very good read. It’s ok also not to buy a certain model over perceived flaws. This is personal and subjective.
But let’s be realistic and not expect every rep to be fulfilling standards on how we imagine perfection to look like. AP QC isn’t perfect and I can nitpick the heck out of the gens I own but I’ll rather just enjoy each watch as it is. If I can do that for $20-$100k+ watches, I can imagine it won’t be terribly difficult for anyone to do the same for a $500 watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen

Reactions: legend

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Guys, please take a look at my QC pics recently received. I have a major concern over the bracelet fitting / attachment end links to the watch. I know this has been a bit of an issue with this particular rep, but these look awful to me. I would appreciate your thoughts. Many thanks.

Update - Puretime have kindly taken the trouble to send over a video of the watch, and as other members have pointed out the apparent issue with the endlinks / bracelet was just an optical illusion caused by the plastic wrapping. So I'm now a happy bunny and have confirmed my order.

(I can also confirm that on the video the lume still looks reassuringly white.....!)

Reactions: vcappp

King Louis

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/6/20
Yeah, I am sure that the lume is definitely a lot whiter than on mine (for example). Can’t be only clever lighting, because mine won’t look as white in these angles no matter how I light it.
Now the only thing you could do is a hands-job, i.e. getting those hands relumed to be more white than grey. But that’s me being overly picky.

King Louis

24/6/20
One topic which got not much attention so far with all the discussions about lume and gaps, is the movement.
Did anyone get it regulated? What’s the performance of yours? Did a watchmaker take a look at yours? Have you tried to get the rotor more quiet?
My amplitude (280-310 degrees) and beat error (0.0-0.3ms) were outstanding. Accuracy was not great, ranging between -30 to -50 seconds.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
One topic which got not much attention so far with all the discussions about lume and gaps, is the movement.
Did anyone get it regulated? What’s the performance of yours? Did a watchmaker take a look at yours? Have you tried to get the rotor more quiet?
My amplitude (280-310 degrees) and beat error (0.0-0.3ms) were outstanding. Accuracy was not great, ranging between -30 to -50 seconds.

The rotor on the gen isn’t exactly silent. The cal 2121 can be rather noisy as well, especially when used for a while.

Regulation works best in tandem with a service, or on a movement which is serviced. Otherwise regulation done on a dirty movement will quickly be negated by the poor state of the movement. Do consider a service if you’re considering getting your watch regulated.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Much as I will like to say that your theory is true, it is disappointing to say that I think we form the minority of rep buyers. If everyone here are to stop buying, the rep business will continue for any model. There is a lot more out there who either are unaware or do not care about the flaws, or people who buy them anyway to mod them post-purchase. The percentage of people who are on the boards, interested in this model, and will not buy because of a specific flaw form a specialized infinitesimal section. Even if you take everyone on this forum in the AP section, it is still an insignificant percentage compared with the total number of people who buy the model.

The improvements we encounter in the watches from time to time does not come mainly from us boycotting or complaining about the model but rather from trickles of market feedback reaching the rep makers from various sources, and their discretion to decide to make the improvements for popular models to milk more profit.

Trust me when I say that even if everyone in the AP section stop purchase of this model immediately, the rep makers will not stop producing it because their majority market isn’t affected.

If any of us has individual concerns about specific aspects of the watch it will be far more efficient to get them addressed post-purchase VS waiting for the rep maker to get it right.

Well said Legend. I had a conversation on this subject with Andrew (Trusty) once. He mentioned that the majority market is mainland China (and other illegal overseas markets), about 80% of these customers just buy the watch because they have heard/seen the brand and/or specific watch, they have absolutely no clue or interest in how close to the gen this replica is. In India, people just want a watch that says "Rolex" on it. Even if they paint the Hulk dial blue, it will sell in 1000s.

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Just placed an order at Puretime. They sayed that XF 15202 v2 is currently out of stock for a month or so.

Damn, my punishment for waiting too long...

Last edited:

Mr.RobotAI

18/5/20
Just placed an order at Puretime. They sayed that XF 15202 v2 is currently out of stock for a month or so.

"Out of stock" sounds like good news. That means new batch coming up and hopefully some fixes if we're lucky :rolleyes:

Or 10 steps backwards as usual :p

srhoque

28/11/18

Try Sead, he had UK stock incoming. I just got one from him last week from his UK stock, on its way to me now.

Reactions: Akilles

srhoque

28/11/18
"Out of stock" sounds like good news. That means new batch coming up and hopefully some fixes if we're lucky :rolleyes:

Or 10 steps backwards as usual :p

Not really. It could mean that they got raided, one of the parts manufacturer went kaput, daily laborers fell sick or a multitude of other reasons ;)

Reactions: Sonofalich

Firecomet

13/5/18
Wanna check how long does the watch last for you guys without winding? I wind the watch around 40 times and put it in a watch winder, and it actually stopped after 2 days..

Could there be something wrong? Will be great as I am trying to understand more about the watch..

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Not really. It could mean that they got raided, one of the parts manufacturer went kaput, daily laborers fell sick or a multitude of other reasons ;)

Or XF have decided that they aren't going to make any more of this model..... it can happen! (Look at the JF 16610LV, why did they stop making that??)

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Li att Jtime says he spoke to XF (by request from me) and that the markers has NOT changed from the "green-yellow" tint which makes me believe that Puretime and Trusty uses another lightning method in their QC as seen a few posts above that appears to show white markers.

Jennifer at Puretime on the other hand just wrote that the markers now are more white than before so I don't know what to think...

Ryan at Intime just stated that no change of the markers has been made.

So before we think the markers has become white, I would first like to see some recent or future QC pics from Intime or Jtime. They both uses very "revealing" lights in their QC imo.

You can notice it in a macro shot

But on wrist is unnoticeable

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Genuine shot of gap. Also note super white lume and evenly recessed screws.

V479if.jpg

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Or XF have decided that they aren't going to make any more of this model..... it can happen! (Look at the JF 16610LV, why did they stop making that??)

That's because JF's sister factory ARF released the 16610LV in 904L steel. So they discontinued the older 316L version from JF.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
That's because JF's sister factory ARF released the 16610LV in 904L steel. So they discontinued the older 316L version from JF.

The ARF version isn't even available at the moment (despite some TD's taking orders for it...) the JF version was discontinued a LONG time ago. Sadly.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Wanna check how long does the watch last for you guys without winding? I wind the watch around 40 times and put it in a watch winder, and it actually stopped after 2 days..

Could there be something wrong? Will be great as I am trying to understand more about the watch..

It should not stop after 2 days as you described, something is wrong with your movement. I suggest you have a modder look at it, or get it serviced. Best of luck.

Reactions: Firecomet

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
It should not stop after 2 days as you described, something is wrong with your movement. I suggest you have a modder look at it, or get it serviced. Best of luck.

Firecomet
2 days is 48 hours. That‘s more than a Miyota 9015 movement is supposed to run when fully wound and not touched anymore. Or am I understanding something wrong? Because Miyota 9015 movements have a power reserve of 40 to 42 hours.
Did you let the watch wind on the winder and it stopped while winding after 2 days? Then maybe you were winding in the wrong direction as the miyota 9015 rotor only winds the movement in one direction and in the other direction it doesn‘t wind anything.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
It could be the winder then. My winders rotates clockwise, pauses and then rotates counterclockwise which is okay for my Miyota movements. Perhaps Firecomet's winder rotates in one direction only, unfortunately the wrong direction.

Reactions: Firecomet