• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Except for it isn't an issue... the gen has it too. It's been mentioned many times with many pictures of the gen. It might be a tiny bit wider the gap, but marginal at best. It's not a deal-breaker. If it is, then you're missing out on a great watch for little to no reason.

Good to know... I was also a bit disappointed by the gap but since this is a gen feature so be it... cheers

King Louis

Getting To Know The Place
24/6/20
Mine seems to be on its way. My QC pics, posted earlier, showed quite yellow hour markers. I ll post pictures and compare QC and real life pics of it as soon as I have it.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
This is a proper gap.

I just wanted to clarify some wrong statements of any mismatching gap between case and first link as above mentioned by Roflwaffles ....

What is wrong (must say not period correct ) on the XF version is the movement of the end links and their fitting on the case. In this regards the modern 15202 40h anniversary after 2012 versions are different from older versions and end links are limited in movement unlike the 5402s and version in between until 2012.

While it is not period correct this end link range might give the xf a king of confort around the wrist the modern AP 15202 doesn't have (special for small wrist), like the 5402 the XFrep might be more adapted for smaller wrist.

Reactions: vcappp

Anadrol5

14/10/18
There were no issues with excessive gap on the V1. A deliberate flaw to sell V3s I would say.

Sonofalich

James
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
There were no issues with excessive gap on the V1. A deliberate flaw to sell V3s I would say.

People like to say this... deliberate flaws. But what you have to realise is you're dealing with backroom/underground factories producing components. The way most of these outfits work is by several different factories producing different components. One producing bracelet links, another making cases etc. Then those parts are assembled together at another location it reduces risk.

But even though they reduce risk, it doesn't always work out. The authorities raid them, a certain factory gets shutdown. Or the skilled worker who use to make the bracelet retires/gets arrested/gets poached by another factory.

What I'm saying is, you're not dealing with Amazon here, you're not dealing with a reputable legitimate factory business that has the luxury of stability and regularity. Things change in this business and when things change, sometimes quality can reduce as a result. They make these watches in batches it's clear to see.

Anyway the 15202 flaw as you see it (your loss) is so minor it really is hardly worth mentioning.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
People like to say this... deliberate flaws. But what you have to realise is you're dealing with backroom/underground factories producing components...

+1

Well said, with facts that explains it all. The rest are conspiracy theories that I don't belive in.

There are too many competitors on the rep factory market. Making delibriate flaws would't be favorable.

Just because the factory are aware that their v2, v3, v4 or whatever have new flaws, doesn't mean it's delibriate.

Last edited:

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
People like to say this... deliberate flaws. But what you have to realise is you're dealing with backroom/underground factories producing components. The way most of these outfits work is by several different factories producing different components. One producing bracelet links, another making cases etc. Then those parts are assembled together at another location it reduces risk.

But even though they reduce risk, it doesn't always work out. The authorities raid them, a certain factory gets shutdown. Or the skilled worker who use to make the bracelet retires/gets arrested/gets poached by another factory.

What I'm saying is, you're not dealing with Amazon here, you're not dealing with a reputable legitimate factory business that has the luxury of stability and regularity. Things change in this business and when things change, sometimes quality can reduce as a result. They make these watches in batches it's clear to see.

Anyway the 15202 flaw as you see it (your loss) is so minor it really is hardly worth mentioning.

On gen watches except may be on rolexes, there are also some discrepancy of quality, finish and assembly, that's 100% normal where the human hand is part of the process.
And once again here we are talking about so thin tolerances, when zooming and magnifying the "defects" that no one will never ever notice it.

As an example, one of my fvery close friend working as horologist at one very big Rolex dealer said he received copy of submariners and Daytona he cannot recognized with the naked eye, while he is working and touching these watches every day all day long...

Reactions: Ultra929 and legend

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Just received my QC pics.

Markers at 12 are fully aligned.

However, very disappointing yellowish lume on hour markers. It seems V1.

Guys, what do you think.

42-D8-EAC8-AF1-D-47-C3-B4-D5-CC09270-A41-C0.jpg

JzqxkN3

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Thats how the markers look on v2 now. Read 50 posts back and you will understand.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Tobel

Respected Member
6/7/17
My QCs from two weeks ago. I accepted. If the yellow turns out to be unbearable, I ll let my watch maker work on the lume.

Seems you got a uniform tapisserie, I hope they've fixed that. Congrats