• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15202 V2 has been released?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I've just ordered the V2 and received my QC pictures :

Feedback is you're not allowed to post your QC pics and ask for generic feedback, that's against the rules and you should know this since you've been around for 2 years

nasar73

26/8/18
Feedback is you're not allowed to post your QC pics and ask for generic feedback, that's against the rules and you should know this since you've been around for 2 years

Actually Tobel I didn't know. And where is the harm to get a second opinion. I'm not well versed on AP's. I would have not known that TD's were passing off a V1 as a V2.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Actually Tobel I didn't know. And where is the harm to get a second opinion. I'm not well versed on AP's. I would have not known that TD's were passing off a V1 as a V2.

Over at repgeek you have a section where you can post your QC drama free, Here people are very uptight about it... I reckon it is cost related RWI gets most of the traffic on rep discussion imagine if each one of us post QCs they quickly will have to upgrade systems which in essence will damage their business model...

Reactions: nasar73

nasar73

26/8/18
Over at repgeek you have a section where you can post your QC drama free, Here people are very uptight about it... I reckon it is cost related RWI gets most of the traffic on rep discussion imagine if each one of us post QCs they quickly will have to upgrade systems which in essence will damage their business model...

Fair point. understood. Thanks

Tobel

6/7/17

The right thing to do when you join a community is to make a deliberate effort to understand how it works. I can understand that you are wondering what you may have done wrong, and that's a step in the right direction. However I'm telling you that what you are doing is against the rules, and instead of doing your due diligence and reading these rules to understand what you did wrong you're trying to argue. Don't you think that once again the right reaction would have been to read the rules to educate yourself? newbies are many times getting a hard time because they're doing exactly what you did, so don't you think that more senior members such as yourself should be held against the same standards?

That has nothing to do with what's been mentioned above. It's all about being fair with TD's. When posting QC pics and asking what's wrong, you will always get comments from folks who have no clue what they are talking about telling you that this feature is wrong or that that stuff is misaligned, even if that's not true or that does not warrant a rejection. In your example the screws are well aligned, the datewheel is centered (sorry gilrob my friend I disagree with you ;) ), the Audemars Piguet is very sharp, the texture of the tapisserie is great and the 56 min marker is good. So do you even know why you are rejecting it? Just because of the opinion of a couple of people that you don't know? With that kind of behaviors, TD's end up with watches that get rejected all the time for no valid reasons, whihc is not good for the community.

So instead of asking people's opinions, read the threads, educate yourself, get to know about a given watch's flaws and things to look for. That will allow you to make your own decision on QC. And if after doing so you still have a specific question about a feature that you are not sure about, then you can post the QC pic and ask confirmation about that specific feature

Reactions: legend

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
@Tobel You have some good points others that I respectfully disagree with...

i believe as a community you have guys more involved then others. Asking for opinions on QC from other members is a pretty good move in my book if you have concerns or doubts. Now can’t do it here well I don’t think your TD points explain it all... but anyway OP should abide by house rules in any case.

RepGeek is another house with different rules they also have TDS and no QC issues...

I started in the Rep scene over at Repgeek, since two gets most of the traffic most of the guys migrated here and others and no longer active altogether.

At the time they were also rules but the guys were very laid back and welcoming... you could make mistakes, that after all how you learn , no one was getting after you with the “Full force of the Law” because you breached a rule... that made it a very nice place to be learn and share...

shoot out to :

@mysterio @slaughterer62
@shaidx @Edgematic @cmaster

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
QC from other members is a pretty good move in my book if you have concerns or doubts
If one has legit doubts and concerns, they are still more than welcome to post their QC and ask for the opinions of others. We are not here to spoon feed noobs that get QC and just ask away on the forum to get the info they seek and then vanish into oblivion again. As with anything, due diligence should be done when you're spending your money on anything.

At the time they were also rules but the guys were very laid back and welcoming... you could make mistakes, that after all how you learn , no one was getting after you with the “Full force of the Law” because you breached a rule... that made it a very nice place to be learn and share...
And you can still make mistakes. What you seem to be failing to see is the amount of people on here then and the amount of people on here now. Don't enforce this rigorously and the whole forum will be a mess spammed with repeat questions, new QC threads and the same shit over and over again. And thus all the precious knowledge and community spirit that we have, will soon vanish because it'll just be an unorganised spam fest.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
@QueTip

Hi Q thanks for jumping in... ;)

Look I hear you perfectly, but would you allow me to be more specific... here we havenasar73 Member since 2 years , I want to underline Supporting member, He is no newbie that will disappear in oblivion...
He clearly makes a mistake but instead of casually pointing him to the right direction he gets the Mother of all flaming on how bad he is to be posting QC and by a NON contributing member on the top of it...

I am not here to defend nasar but I just find this specific situation really not cool to say the least...

I have been politically correct in my first answer, at least you now get my point...

I do believe we should chill a bit more and certainly use discernment when we go after someone who made a genuine mistake...

Again, I am nobody here, not my house... was my 2 cts

Last edited:
Reactions: jvevermind

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
@QueTip

Hi Q thanks for jumping in... ;)

Look I hear you perfectly, but would you allow me to be more specific... here we havenasar73 Member since 2 years , I want to underline Supporting member, He is no newbie that will disappear in oblivion...
He clearly makes a mistake but instead of casually pointing him to the right direction he gets the Mother of all flaming on how bad he is to be posting QC and by a NON contributing member on the top of it...

I am not here to defend nasar but I just find this specific situation really not cool to say the least...

I have been politically correct in my first answer, at least you now get my point...

I do believe we should chill a bit more and certainly use discernment when we go after someone who made a genuine mistake...

Again, I am nobody here, not my house... was my 2 cts

While of course, we value each and every supporter, this doesn't buy them extra privileges. If the initial post of the QC would have been made according to his concerns, there would have been no issue with posting it. No matter whether you're a supporter or non supporter, rules are there to be followed and any non compliance will result in consequences, whichever that may be, depending on the incident.

At no point have I made my statement as a rule of thumb for everyone that does this but the majority behaves like this.
RWI has always been asking a thick skin of members and if that's something one cannot take, there's plenty of other fora to attend to. From what I gather though nasar73 can take it well and has understood what was wrong about the initial post.

nasar73

26/8/18
Guys... just reading up on this. No offence taken.... I stand corrected.
Enjoy your night, let's not forget we are just talking reps.... some serious stuff going in the world right now.
And RWI is great escapism! :rolleyes:

Reactions: Erinoush

Tobel

6/7/17
Guys... just reading up on this. No offence taken.... I stand corrected.
Enjoy your night, let's not forget we are just talking reps.... some serious stuff going in the world right now.
And RWI is great escapism! :rolleyes:

All good mate, take care

Reactions: nasar73