• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

wrist size for AP diver or FC Diver

Aperik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/13
Hello, guys!
Can any body tell me, i have a 6.5" wrist, but iam tall enough (185cm) and my weight is around 109 kg.
will ap diver strap fit on ma wrist? Any similar size wrist shots?
thanks

Lelouch

I'm Pretty Popular
18/8/11
not gonna fit very well, you'll need to buy a short strap

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
You'll be fine. My wrist is just shy of 7.25 at best but, like you, I am tall (6'3") and have no problem with even the really big 44, 46, and 47mm watches. The 42mm divers will be fine for you but you may need a smaller strap...

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
thanks! Strap fit tight ? Watch are fixed on the wrist - not bouncing and ect.. ?
iam considering to get some diver. May be steel version for the 1st ap rep.

Not tight, can slide backward a little bit if u put ur hands up, and allow ur wrist to breathe.
for fixed or not it based on ur wrist shape, mine is pretty flat so it stick perfectly with the caseback

yes, ss diver should be great on u but the FC is way more lighter and should be look smaller since its black.

viiinz

4/5/12
my wrist is 17cm..so that's 6.5" or so...

i've got a couple of friends with a rep and gen SS diver, i got to try them on and they do feel solid on the wrist and has a lot of presence. I chose the FC because all my other reps are SS, felt like getting something new and I love the steath look of it. But whichever you choose, they're both stunning. :)

here's a wrist shot:
RjKIe60l.jpg

it's a tad loose on the last hole of the rep strap, still wearable but I like wearing my watches just nice with very minimal movement. I didn't feel like getting a gen xs strap as well.

I did search around and i found the ap diver strap hole is 2x7mm, so I made an extra hole by drilling 3x 2mm holes and cleaning up the leftover bits with wire cutters

here it is after drilling (note the leftover bits in the hole)
R1elmoAl.jpg

and here it is completed
tmR1k0rl.jpg

happy to have saved 299 usd on a gen strap :p

Aperik

13/3/13
viiinz, thanks for the pic - it looks nice.

shelby1501, ur hole in the strap are near the perfect shape, i like it. Thanks for the link.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
FC diver looks smaller due to the dark color. SS Diver is more impressive in most lighting conditions though.

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
It'll depend on wrist shape as well. I'm a 6.5 and the last hole is just a tad tight, but there are other people with 6.5 wrists who need an extra hole

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Hello, guys!
Can any body tell me, i have a 6.5" wrist, but iam tall enough (185cm) and my weight is around 109 kg.
will ap diver strap fit on ma wrist? Any similar size wrist shots?
thanks

It'll fit

philkay

Known Member
14/5/14
If your wrist is very flat then yes, otherwise would not recommend.

philkay

Known Member
14/5/14
I've been using my diver with self-cut hole for around 3 months. No problems. But I have cut the new hole further away than the others are