• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wouldnt expect a rep...ever...but it sure is nice

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas

Code 11.59 By Audemars Piguet Ultra-Complication Universelle RD#4​

I am not usually an AP guy- but this line is nice.... I might have to change my choice of watches on the "billionaires" thread...

Reactions: oceaon

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Yeah, the progression of the 11.59 line is incredible. Im really excited that AP was able to create something this special.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Yep, I actually like them more and more. Getting a proper rep of these is a long shot though...

Reactions: TESLA760

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Never gonna happen. Just for the xtal alone. The stepped saphire is incredibly hard to produce.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
Is it the crystal or is the chapter ring thinner at the poles and broader at the 3 and 9- like a football stadium.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Its the crystal. It has 3 steps towards 3 and 9. When it came out, I was presented with a box of all the individual components of the watch and suffice to say, the optical ilusion they are able to achieve with that saphire machining is nothing short of miraculous.

Also the full name logo bellow the 12th index is held just on 2 tiny pins and its applied by hand. So the error rate and scrap rate of the dials at the very beginning was astronomical. One tiny slip-up by the watchmaker and the dial, that takes over 16hrs to paint and bake to the mirror finish is ruined.

Its really a very interesting line. i was weary of the first batch, but then they came out with the funky colours and now they are doing very interesting complications, like the chimes, wondering hours, etc. My favourite was the aventurine perpetual from the first year, but not anymore lol

EDIT:
here its visible

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Never gonna happen. Just for the xtal alone. The stepped saphire is incredibly hard to produce.
Ansolutely this.

Great lookign watch; anyway the Code 11.59 is something if you see 'in the flesh'.

I mean, in photo it seems 'meh ', but when i saw it in an AP boutique is an hi class watch.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Edited, I meant 3 and 9, but wrote the other 2 lol, my dislexia is funny sometimes. Heres the side view

unclebg

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/9/20
Unfortunately neither this beauty nor the Piaget Polo Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin Steel with Emerald Dial are ever going to be repped!

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Unfortunately neither this beauty nor the Piaget Polo Perpetual Calendar Ultra-Thin Steel with Emerald Dial are ever going to be repped!
No problem Sir, we will buy the Gen, which in the case of the Piaget is over 60 k €uros...this AP will be even more expensive !

I'm joking of course (unfortunately) !

EASJR

Certified
21/9/12
New York, NY
Lol. I got the email notification from my AD. Was like…that’s stunning. Willl have to try to get on the list for one. Then I saw the price CHF 1.4 million ($1.5 USD)!!! 🤣

itanalot

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/1/23
Toronto
Lol. I got the email notification from my AD. Was like…that’s stunning. Willl have to try to get on the list for one. Then I saw the price CHF 1.4 million ($1.5 USD)!!! 🤣
$1.5 usd?? Now THAT is an easy buy!

In all seriousness, when I saw the promo videos I was amazed. A marvel of mechanical engineering. To think even with modern CAD technology it took them 7 years to fit all those features into a watch is insane.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ansolutely this.

Great lookign watch; anyway the Code 11.59 is something if you see 'in the flesh'.

I mean, in photo it seems 'meh ', but when i saw it in an AP boutique is an hi class watch.
Yes I agree. On pictures, the 11.59 tends to fall flat and look like a Armani fashion watch.
In person, the details can be much better appreciated, especially the double curved crystal.