• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would Appreciate this Forums Assistance :)

ttjb

Horology Curious
1/1/17
View attachment 80845 Hello All. I have been following this thread for about 1 1/2 years. No post, Just a lot of informative reading. My desire was to always purchase a ROO Diver. I just love the aesthetic and its understated yet slightly bold appearance. I'm not remotely an expert on AP's or any watches for that matter (But California Real Estate- Specifically Westside Los Angeles) then we can talk :) So after my due diligence period the watch that kept being mentioned was the JF V7 with the 2824 movement. But I waited because I reasoned with everyone saying these "replicas are so wonderful with a few minor tells" that the watch is 90 -95% genuine in appearance with a few modifications. So I reasoned that possibly Noob or JF may release a new upgraded version eventually with a correct low beat and the tells fixed and charge $1000 - $1500 from the Factory. So when that finally didn't appear it would ever occur and with people voicing their concern the JF V7 with 2824 was becoming extinct. I pulled the trigger and finally made the purchase.

Which brings me to why I'm posting. As I stated prior. I love the look of the watch! But I will not lie, The value of wearing a watch that is as close to genuine as possible is just as important. I know, I've read countless comments over the last 1 1/2yrs "Should only matter if you like the watch Individually", " What do you expect for $400" etc.... So if you desire to make those comments for effect go right ahead. If you knew me, the person behind this keyboard then you would know I don't offend easily :) For those of you that may have once been in a similar situation and humbly sought out the opinion of people who knew infinitely more about a subject than you. I hope you understand. I need help with QC pictures? :) Can I please post them? Thank you and I'm sorry moderators for asking.

Ok. So I did my best to compare a few things with genuine pictures online. I don't know if I'm being overly picky so please tell. Here are a few (issues ?) I noticed. Please tell me if you notice the same? Marker 5(this appears to be the worst), 25 & 30 not aligned? Appears to be dark color covering the lower left 12 o'clock marker? Seems to be a strange dent in the outer case to the right of the nut around 25? This watch is suppose to be JF V7 with 2824 movement. I requested another pic at 11:45pm per instructions here. Thank you everyone.

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Hi, you've been here for close to a year, I'm sure you found the AP area already on the forum, glanced at the wristies thread, the guides, the comparisons between JF and noob versions...
If you have then why not buy locally in M2M trade? If you are communicative, friendly and follow the rules you'll have bo problem acquiring a nice AP from M2M sales.
Try it on for size and see if the rep love can overcome the noobie anxiety of possibly being called out :)

DaHokage

Known Member
23/11/16
You need to post specific questions about your QC pics and not just post a pic and have people pick it apart.

For example, "Hey I think the markers might be off on this one. Are the markers crooked on this dial or is my screen just playing tricks on me?" vs "Hey, what do you think of this watch?"

ttjb

Horology Curious
1/1/17
Hope I can get some other opinions as they gave me 24hrs to accept or decline. Which is around 1am Pacific Time. Thank you all.

ttjb

Horology Curious
1/1/17
Thanks so much everyone. As I mentioned, I basically know nothing aside from appreciating the aesthetic. Accepting it now based on your feedback. Now the search for someone in Los Angeles to do a lowbeat Mod and cleaning. Hopefully I can find someone downtown in our Jewelry district. Last question. Can we establish that this is indeed JF V7 2824?View attachment 80956

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
ok didnt see the pic when I posted it, sorry OP!
Watch does look ok to me, nothing wrong with it. GO! :)