• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WOOT! My new WBK Bond is at the local post office! *+ Pics*

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Ok, I set up my new photo tent. I'm still trying to figure out the settings on the camera, but I got one good pic worth posting. It is extremely difficult to get the details on the dial, but I managed to get one. The picture has a lot of glare, but I'm going to try to do better.

There are a couple flaws, but overall I love the watch. The bracelet is better than what I was expecting. The watch has a nice heavy weight, which I like.

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
its after noon and still no pictures. Why must you make us wait.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
I wanted to post the pics tonight, but I just got home.

I bought a phototent from eBay that I am itching to use for the first time. I also just bought two 5000w lights from HD, so I shoudl have plenty of light.

It has a couple of very minor things that I might try to fix, but it's a really great watch for the money. I'm pretty impressed!

I post the pics tomorrow. :D

crick

1/8/06
welp. it's 1 am. technically TOMORROW!

pics pics pics!

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
Two Pictures added to first post.

crick

1/8/06
MOOOOOORE :D

thanks for the pics! wow i love your photography :)

gratz on the 007. How's the clasp? is it etched or engraved?

Millwright

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/06
USP .45!!!

I'm an avid HK fan.

.40, .45, .357 sig, 9mm, USP models, including a Mark 23 and a USP Tactical.

Oh... nice watch too.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
crick said:
MOOOOOORE :D

thanks for the pics! wow i love your photography :)

gratz on the 007. How's the clasp? is it etched or engraved?

Thanks, Crick. Thats a great compliment, because I think I suck.

Heres a couple pics of the clasp and case back. This is my first Omega, so I'm not really up on any problems that may exist with the clasps. I can twll you that this one is quite nice. It locks tight against the bracelet and is pretty solid. Also, it appears to be etched rather than engraved, but I could be wrong.

@ Millwright79:

This is my favorite firearm. It's comfortable, easy to shoot, and spot on. :wink:

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
This is a beautiful example of what good photography will do to a cheap Asian watch.

You got an easy for nice photo taking and it shows as you made this average Asian fake look as good as the gen.

Way to go.

I have lots to learn and a better camera to buy. :wink:

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
WOW, more compliments. :shock: Thanks Dukie and PF!

I'm using a Digital Rebel with a Photek Digital Lighthouse, and two 500w halogen work lights.

I'm trying to learn how tto use the camera in manual mode. The tent helped a lot, but I'm getting a little better.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
more compliments here. I have that same watch from WBK and it is still purring... I have a friend who owns a 3 yr old SMP and I had a chance to compare mine to his a few days ago and I'm amazed that for $95.00 how good a rep the Bond watch is...my friend kept trying to point out how much better his gen was but he did'nt convince me... you've got a good one. :D

crick

1/8/06
cybee said:
more compliments here. I have that same watch from WBK and it is still purring... I have a friend who owns a 3 yr old SMP and I had a chance to compare mine to his a few days ago and I'm amazed that for $95.00 how good a rep the Bond watch is...my friend kept trying to point out how much better his gen was but he did'nt convince me... you've got a good one. :D

he's trying to rationalize the money he spent LOL

REALLY NICE PHOTOS. love it!

yeah, the clasp looks etched. but no biggie... still a super watch imo.

jb

Advisor
7/9/06
I would actually consider buying a genuine SMP. I've always been a Breitling guy. The Navitimer is my favorite watch and I have always wanted one, but after seeing Tak's new gen this morning and after wearing this one, the Omegas are really growing on me. :)

I've wanted a PO for a while, so I think my next rep is going to be the new Bond PO.

crick

1/8/06
u wont regret it. I went from rep PO to gen PO now have a rep SMP. Loving the Omegas.

I have a rep Reduced Speedy - not getting any wrist time :( looks too much like my PO froma distance :(

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Excellent piece for the price from top rated dealer :p Wrong He valve placement is bugging me. I am ready to drop a genuine ETA 2892-2, dials and hands if the repmakers ever made case with correct He valve placement.

ken1

18/3/07
very nice, was going to buy one but they all sold out within 5 minutes! i guess i'll just stick to VIPmariner or something..