• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Womans link problem!

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
Recently purchased a womans link watch from Trevor, purchased two watches and they look amazing, however the womans link has a crown that is so big you can't pull it out, the sides (crown guard?) are rubbing against it, really sucks. Managed to pull it out with some plyers, set the time, it's quartz so shouldt have to reset it too often, took it to my rep friendly watchsmith, to have some links taken out to fit my girlfriends wrist, and the band is non sizeable according to him, is this common? It's several links too big and looks awful. Pretty disapointed.. Wanted thoughts before I contact Trevor! I could live with the crown, but not the huge bracelet!
-Scott
although my formula 1 corono is amazing!

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
any pics? not sure which model you have? its a chrono link?

as for the links themselves, they are a pain to take out but they can be removed. i took it to my local watchsmith as well and he said they were impossible to remove. didn't seem logical to me. you need to get a knife or something and really pry the links apart.

sricenbaw

Known Member
23/11/09
Awesome thanks for the super quick reply.. On my iPhone right now with no way to post pictures, it's just driving me crazy so I had to post. It's a non chrono style. Just didn't wanna pry on it too much!
Scott

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
ok might know what you mean about the crown. i think they are all the same. you just need some finger nails to get in behind the crown and pull it out. its not a screw in crown so you don't need to unscrew it. just pull it out to change the date and time.

the links will drive you nuts. they are fitted in really tight and i've scratched up a lot of the spare links. it can be done tho so just try and pry them apart slowly and carefully. good luck!