• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

With 15 Watchbox Slots to Spare...

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
... and I'm running out of idea what the next watch is.

355886779_e9d2fe11e9.jpg

Then again, I'm also telling myself to take it easy.

Before I land myself into buying something and leaving too many watch with little or no wrist time, I'm giving myself a few rules to this expensive hobby.

1. No more than 1 watch a month.
2. Exception to the above rule is a pre-order or a watch I've been waiting for at a special price and/or a buying trip (e.g. GZ).
3. Selection of watch has to be something I really like, no 'maybe' or 'try'.
4. No impulse buy out of influence by 'persuasive posts' by fellow Darksiders.
5. No buy when an important birthday (or CNY) is near.

With the above rules, I should be able to get by with a growing collection without getting more nags from the missus... and no hurt to the wallet too.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I'll argue #3, I've got a few maybe watches that I love and few really really wanted watches that I never wear. Usually though if its a maybe watch I'll keep an eye out on the second hand market and dump it in a few months if it doesnt turn out be something I wear often. I think my next are a good custom daydate and a breitling motors or gt.

ThumbModds

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/06
It looks to me like you need a omega and a breitling at least 1 of each

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
Thought of a PO and a Bentley GT. But after seeing the PO Chrono I got for my bro-in-law, I decided it's not what I like. And for Brietlings (sorry to all Brietling fans), it's just not the kinda watch design I like... too much details.

This is what I meant by no 'maybe' or 'try'.

Actually, my next target might be a square or oblong-shaped watch. Any pointers? Thinking of a Franck Muller MasterBanker but can't find a good one.

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
What about a Radiomir? I like the Luminors much better, but maybe one of those?

Or how about a different shaped watch - a tonneau or tank or something - little dressier?

RB

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
As for square/rectangle I would love to get a breitling flying b on stainless steel if anyone had them.

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Sorry about my repeat posts. Maybe I should read the posts above a little better. Sorry

RB

p.s. someone will say FM, but I don't really like those either.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
jus wait til narikaa is back..

and browse... jus mite fine sum of goody

Life is Good!
k

seraphe

Renowned Member
9/10/06
No moon watch coz I've a speedy date. Perhaps I'd think about a moon watch later. Can't see myself wearing another 38mm after I get Ingy. But how are the reps for moon watch? Close to gen?

I've heard of the flying b but haven't seen reps of those yet. Will be watching for those too.

Narika's selections are unique, but some look too unique they seem fantasy. I'm basing my collection on a few design similarities... Mainly metal bracelet (except for PAMs) but no gold or TT, black/grey/blue dials (no white/cream/pink), at least 40mm (or a rolex) and 1.2mm thick and no brand that started off from fashion (ie. no LV, Mont Blanc etc). Thought of vintage but they seem too far fetched from my style.

A few I'm targeting is the PP Nautilus 5711/1A or the 5980 Chrono, both of which are not yet repped.

DSC01856.jpg

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Nice one..I've been waitng for PP Nautilus chrono too..

but Montblanc timewalker chrono is nice....

evildee

13/9/06
You need at least one Seiko. Build quality and the Lumibrite is damn good.

amadeus

Known Member
24/12/06
Since you are into IWC why not another Chrono? I'm waiting for this IWC Aquatimer Chrono "Cousteu Diver" to be out real soon from some of the dealers. Image is the Gen.

iwcaqccousdful8.jpg

iwcaqccousdbaby7.jpg

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
are you writing for this iwc from angus or from all the dealers??

amadeus

Known Member
24/12/06
Only saw the prototype from Angus, I hope the other dealers have it too! Competition is always good! However, if Angus have it first I would most probably get it from him.