• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

will there ever be a grand seiko rep?

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
How's the case finishing?
I notice that the "JAPAN..." writings on the bottom of the dial appear to be on a straight angled line instead of aligned to the round curve of the dial. Strikes me as odd as it somehow doesn't fit the design. But that's really being picky, the font is quite tiny and imperceptible at arm's length...

The case finishing is pretty consistent all across the watch, no inconsistencies as far as I can tell. I did not notice that, though I wouldn't pass the watch as the Omiwatari original either. It's really pleasing aesthetically to me.

Reactions: Feefo

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
Update on movement: he holding up pretty well. I wound up the spring
I received the watch this morning. I swapped the strap for a thinner one, I want to wear the watch more casually anyway. The strap quality of the rep isn't that bad as some other reps I have to add.

Highly subjective mini review coming up.

Now going back to the watch, the dial is indeed mesmerizing and the finishing is great as well, no rough edges or anything like that, the way it picks up light and the slow sweep of the hands (mind you, the ST2130 has a beat rate of 28800) is trully magnificent and splendid to watch.

It has a screw down crown and there's a phantom date meaning you have to pull the crown twice to adjust the time. GS logo is present.

The movement looks pretty clean and judging by what pics I saw of the ST2130, it looks to be the same movement. If someone wants to add some more color, I like aesthetics more.

Glass is supposedly sapphire but I don't have anything to test it but might do that later on.

I'll follow up later in the week on how the movement holds.

Update on movement: holding up pretty well so far. I wound up the spring on the first day and it stopped Wednesday around 3-4AM. Only thing I noticed was today the minute hand wouldn't go counter clockwise in setting mode, but I pressed it back to position 1 and then back to setting mode and it was fine, it's bad practice to go counter clockwise when setting the time either way.

Reactions: TESLA760 and joeyc

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
Oh really….

a790c9fc5f4d3758f8dba35158825dae.jpg

Tell me that’s not a beautiful watch. I WANNA HEAR YOUR LIES
Had the same one.
To this day I regret selling it. (To a friend, but still)

Dial way too busy, puffed case which look like some sort of Omega on steroids, pointy hands dont match the hour markers at all with the minute hand looking too short? Bracelet design looks like being pulled from a regular Seiko watch. again, these are my opinions no lies. I know plenty of people like them and i dont doubt their finish ;)
You’re wrong on so many levels brother, but thats the beauty of wacth-collecting. Everyone has different tastes. I wont hold it against you.
Maybe. 😝

DominickDecocco

Known Member
7/3/18
does anyone know which of goodwatches models are based on real models and no fantasy pieces?