• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will rep rolexes ever have ceramic bezel inserts?

MJ

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/07
The ceramic bezels rolex makes are really nice looking. What are the chances of reps ever having ceramic bezels? Is the technology required to make them beyond the capabilities of the china watch factories?

Renowned Member
19/10/06
Ceramic bezel... hmmm... she is a real tease, Sexybeast. Where was I?

PS: Where can I download the rest of that movie clip?

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
sexybeast said:
i don't know but i do need the post count...........

LOL

They might start using them now as they have gotten better using ceramics. IE the Hublot and the J12 are good examples. Time will tell. Maybe someone with good info from the factories might have a better idea.

janpas

10/9/06
I saw a GMT with Ceramic Bezel.

"hXXp://www.rolex.com/en/collection/extraordinary-watches/gmt-master/features/ceramic-bezel.jsp#/en/xml/collection/extraordinary-watches/gmt-master/features/ceramic-bezel"

Some Dealers deliver the HBB with a ceramic Bezel, so just wait; it wont take long before such a beautifull Rolex is repped.

watchace

Renowned Member
4/1/07
Janpas Bro, please....
NO LINKS TO GEN SITES, or NO WORKING LINKS PERIOD!!!!!!

next time do it like this:

"hXXp://www.rolex.com/en/collection/extraordinary-watches/gmt-master/features/ceramic-bezel.jsp#/en/xml/collection/extraordinary-watches/gmt-master/features/ceramic-bezel"

or this:

hxxp://www.rolex.com/en/collection/extr ... amic-bezel

to disable the link, dont want sites to know where were coming from.....

janpas

10/9/06
Thanks watchace,

Now I know what you're meaning. I've learned someting again.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
why would i ever buy a plastic/glass rolex? sorry man that maybe ok for hbb's and the like but the worlds most famous luxury watch has no business using materials like that. there is nothing about ceramic that looks timeless or precious.

rek001

16/3/06
What I like about the Rolex ceramic bezels is the "sandwich" effect, where the bezel is created from 2 pieces, a solid bottom color and then the numerals are cut out on the top bezel layer, I think it adds a dimension to the bezel and looks really good. I wish they rep that bezel.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
I think the Rolex ceramic bezel is fantastic.
The laser etch adds another dimension to a classic look.
I hope they Rep the hell out of it. And soon.

brook0

1/4/07
BLK, locate any ceramic bezels in your search of China?

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
If they do come out with the ceramic bezel I'm afraid Rolex might drop a small army of heavliy armed mercenaries right into the center of Guangzhou city with orders to "terminate with extreme prejudice" :shock: :shock: :shock:

brook0

1/4/07
I saw a Croton on Shop NBC with a ceramic bezel, cheap. So it is able to be done. Hopefully just a matter of time. I want a TT GMT II with the green hand!

jdavis

28/9/06
I think that we will see it. The replica makers will need a bit of time to gear up to the challenge. It wouldn't surprise me to see these new bezels made of plastic to keep cost down. In time I would expect to see it done in ceramic but, with an expected price increase.