• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why is your favorite PAM your favorite?

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Well, I was sitting here contemplating what it is about my favorite PAM that makes me like it so much.

For myself, my gen 210 is a no-brainer choice. Aside from the fact that it is (for now) the only pricey gen watch I own, I love the versatility of this watch. It can be dressed up or down more easily than anything else Panerai offers, IMO. It fits under shirt cuffs more easily than any Luminor cased watch. It is the purest example of the "roots" of Panerai, IMO, that is still currently offered. The Radiomir style case dates back to the first days of Panerai watches and the clean, simple base dial is exactly what you would expect on a "tool watch" of that era.

If I could own only one style of PAM, be it rep or gen, this would be it.

What would your choice be and why?

Eyecandy:

DSCF0767.jpg

DSCF0771.jpg

DSCF0743.jpg

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Nice watch, hawaii. You forgot to include the "why", though. :wink:

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
It *is* a cracking watch. 8)

You just need a relume and a canon pin fix and it'll never leave your wrist!

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06

Great watch my friend. The radiomir base models are just stunning. Now for me my taste are for the 44 luminor base models :D
112H_1.jpg

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
My favorite Pam huh? hmmmm

Probably 9A with T dial. Love the PVD coating and T dial 8)

Out of the ones that are more affordable, I would say 112. Base all the way for me ;)

J

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Base lovers of the world, unite!

babola should be here any minute.... :lol:

TWP

I'm Pretty Popular
7/5/06
hooligan said:
Base lovers of the world, unite!

babola should be here any minute.... :lol:

:lol: My wife said,,,,hmmm...imagine that...an 000 Base might be on my wrist Christmas day. That is what the ebay history tells me anyway :lol:

justaguy88

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/12/06
My favorite is my 114g. I love it because its been modded and polished to near perfection....feels like a gen.
picture5mg8.png

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
For me I would say my 183. I am very traditional in my tastes and as much as I love my other Pams, I really love how much more understated the simple crown is as opposed to the larger CG's on the other models. I also really love the way the case is rounded and the smooth curves. Whew, I think I am getting a chubby just talking about it! :D

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
justaguy88 said:
My favorite is my 114g. I love it because its been modded and polished to near perfection....feels like a gen.
picture5mg8.png

Nice choice! Mine with my sample/prototype Savage strap has been getting a lot of wrist time lately...

DSCF0835.jpg

TWP -- You mean a gen PAM000?

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Man I love the 111 or the 127. The 111 is so versatile any strap you want to change the look you can put it on stainless and its a completely different watch. The 127 is just awesome, the retro look, the domed crystal.

Sean K

subzero1

24/11/06
For me it's the 111H, it straddles the line between modern and complicated (the case), and utilitarian and simple (the dial). Can be dressed up or down depending upon straps used.

Wristshots049.jpg

Pizzanooo

Renowned Member
17/3/06
I have several that get me going. A fully modded 063 with gen movement, and gen 005.
But this one still rocks me everyday. 202a modded courtesy of Vac. Dial is superbly re-done, along with the crown & nice guard. Since this pic was taken, the pav99 on it has a nicely aged patina. It`s just one of those modded pieces that came out right. After 4 months and 2 dials we finally both agreed it was done.
Yes, more base love.
0004637lx6.jpg

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Simply I truely cannot really decide which PAM is my favorite. I really love all of them everytime it is on my wrist. But if it must be, I think PAM27 and PAM28 are a pair that I will choose. Here they are.

DSCN0579.jpg

DSCN1695.jpg

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i so agree....had to sell my 111H to buy me a 176 Base Titanium.
i think the TI is so much more masculine.....and it doesnt scratch up so easy....like highly polished.

Base all the way.....pics soon....i just got a new strap.....and i wanna sell all the other ones .....just kidding. pics soon !

Highflyingclive

15/3/06
I have nineteen Panerai... plus a couple of project Pams, in bits. It isn't possible to choose a favourite. If it were that easy, I wouldn't have ninteen of the buggers.

I won't bore you with pics of all of them, but here are some that I have been wearing recently:

pigwatch.jpg

183.jpg

pinkshirt.jpg

VRP-wrist.jpg

063ongoat.jpg

5.jpg

OEMalligator.jpg

wrist4.jpg