• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why is not tag concept looking like the tag concept???

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Sooooo,why that difference?
This is a photo of the gen:
tag-concept.JPG

And a photo of the latest generation replica:
pic.php

I love that watch so much,it was the reason to buy my first rep but no matter what they do it does not look like the gen at all.....Especially the color of the yellow strap is so faint and make the watch look cheap.And what about the logo?It is black in the gen and white in the rep.Are there going to be any new models close to the gen?And another question, why there is not an expensive one with blue and white straps????

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
really?that much???so the truth is somewhere in the middle???Amazing photo of the gen and not that good photo of the rep???It is the only thing that stops me from buying that one...

hpy540

Renowned Member
17/10/08
really?that much???so the truth is somewhere in the middle???Amazing photo of the gen and not that good photo of the rep???It is the only thing that stops me from buying that one...

My thoughts exactly. I saw the Gen i started doing reaserch and the rep just does not have it.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
no,i am not that lucky...Have you?Can you tell us how close is the rep to the gen?that would be very usefull!!!!

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
I did... in Toronto... at AD and the one in picture (monaco twenty four concept) looks more amazing in real life but that's my opinion. Though there is some photoshop done on the pic but when you see it in person you'll be amazed to see how clear, crisp and sharp the features are... Since I have not seen the rep in person (but from the pics any rep look ugly) so I cannot say for sure how close it is to gen. One more thing to consider here is that the black is not that back in rep pics it may be more darker black but in these pics it looks like very dark grey which makes you feel more that it is different.
Secondly the gen in pic is heavily loaded AR which gives you impression of looking directly into the dial where as in rep you are getting eye soar with reflection.
TAG-Heuer-MONACO-24-Concept-Chronograph-1.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFWRbts3Hfw&NR=1"]YouTube- Tag Heuer - Monaco / 40 Years of Legend[/ame]

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
If they got it right the first time, then they couldn't sell you the V2, V3, Ultimate, V5, Ultimate V6, Super-Rep, and Pan-Ultimate versions down the road! :screwed:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Hmmmm...So we wait until Pan-Ultimate version.....lol.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
Most likely versioning will not happen with this one since it is not in demand as much as Breit or Rolly but you'll never know...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Yes I have seen it (you should never buy a rep without looking at the gen first). With that said you should understand that the rep is not going to have a Tungsten Carbon dial. So there is no way it will ever look right no matter how many versions are made. But as with many specialty editions like this, no one will have a clue what it is.

If they got it right the first time, then they couldn't sell you the V2, V3, Ultimate, V5, Ultimate V6, Super-Rep, and Pan-Ultimate versions down the road!

That is true LMR. But it should also be noted that this watch is another in the long line of models that was repped before the gens hit the street. Ie; made from pictures. Not that they ever use a real watch but, there were only limited pics for them to see.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Most likely versioning will not happen with this one since it is not in demand as much as Breit or Rolly but you'll never know...

It's a real catch-22. It MIGHT be in demand if they could make a better version of it. :( I was excited at the start as well, until I saw it...

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think i have to agree with Anopsis if a better model is available then a lot of people would buy it.Its a beautiful watch but something is wrong still in my opinion.The model with the blue and white strap is far more goodlooking than this even if it doesnt not exist as a gen...

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
I think the watcheden pic is the quartz version. Honts looks a bit better its the A7750 version.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
^ Look at the glare on that crystal which makes black look like grey in dial. Also the bottom left Tag Heuer is not painted white in gen. The screws above and below chrono buttons are black not silver. The Datewheel have dots in gen not this '|' dividing line. Monaco is suppose to be written close to Tag Logo and also similar texture to "Automatic" in Briets. The tick markers at 3 and 9 needs slimming and crisping. The four watch screw holder have small yellow base in gen compared to long red in rep. 24 is not painted instead gives you the feeling of engraved. Ahhhhhhhh so on and so forth but in reality Black is not black and the non AR crystal is a killer for these reps.

eljosho

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/09
I was all set to buy the rep of this as my first decent rep purchase, but got very disappointed the more I looked at them. They have certainly improved, but they're not close enough for me yet. I'm not looking for the holy grail of 1:1 accuracy, I just want something that is close enough that I won't be bugged by the glaring errors when I check the time.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
I am sorry I did not mean to disappoint you but was more leaning on the fact as to why the rep look sooooo different.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
The Datewheel have dots in gen not this '|' dividing line.

I agree that the gen has dots between the numbers, but I don't think those are "dividing lines". I'm betting that the datewheel has no dividers at all, and the dates displayed in the photo above is actually 17, 18, 19.

I am Sam

Renowned Member
9/10/09
You are right it is the font in rep which gives me the impression of dividing line