• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why gasoline in the US costs what it does....

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
So...... If the Euro economy is so hosed, why is the value of the Euro so much greater than the dollar? Granted we aren't (yet) looking at serious default, but WTF?
Short answer is the US federal bank is printing money, and the more money there is on the market the less it's worth compared to other currencies.

soren

27/7/08
stop crying lol...south of europe had their chances, maybe they should have paid taxes like we do in the north. Thats the problem. They didnt and over spent.....

And US should maybe just buy small economic cars that we have done in europe for ages, if the did we maybe had oil for 100 more years and cheaper gas...lol

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Make sure you all have more than pitch forks and brooms before anyone brings up the "R" word....

Hahaha, we are used to the R word!
I mean 400 years slaved be the Turks, joined two world words, Balkan wars, a civil one, had a military coup... I believe those last 35 years were our best piece record!
It was about time to "fight" again... lol

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Yeah, the european economy is really going down the shitter, look at Italy, Spain, Ireland, Portugal, Latvia, and the list continues to grow... Maybe I should stop buying reps and start saving up.
The reason why some countries are going to the shit is because they lived above their means for some time, not because of the EU.

We (France) did the same and wouldn't be in a much greater shape if it wasn't for the war chest that is our savings (French people have a lot of savings).

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Short answer is the US federal bank is printing money, and the more money there is on the market the less it's worth compared to other currencies.

I was waiting for that response.

We don't look very far forward here, it is all about the now.....

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
So...... If the Euro economy is so hosed, why is the value of the Euro so much greater than the dollar? Granted we aren't (yet) looking at serious default, but WTF?

Curious to see what the answers will be....

Really doesn't matter how it is split up, they are still taking a major bite out of your collective asses.

:dig:

A low dollar is good for US export so its not necessarily a bad thing.

The U.S. are fighting two very expensive wars at the moment, why can't you guys just invest those cash in alternative fuels instead? GM, give us a working hydrogen engine already! ;)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The reason why some countries are going to the shit is because they lived above their means for some time, not because of the EU.

So true!!! Most people here were taking loans with having the capability to pay them back...

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
stop crying lol...south of europe had their chances, maybe they should have paid taxes like we do in the north. Thats the problem. They didnt and over spent.....

And US should maybe just buy small economic cars that we have done in europe for ages, if the did we maybe had oil for 100 more years and cheaper gas...lol
No one is crying, Mr Bossy, so chill and please stop telling others what to do. :)

I was waiting for that response.

We don't look very far forward here, it is all about the now.....
It might be the less of 2 evils, too soon to know I'm affraid.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
why can't you guys just invest those cash in alternative fuels instead? GM, give us a working hydrogen engine already! ;)

It's all about oil......

What do you think our prohibition era was all about? They were putting it in their gas tanks, drinking it was not that big of a problem.

Conspiracy outed, now where is my foil hat (anyone got some smilies for that?)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
So true!!! Most people here were taking loans with having the capability to pay them back...
That's a problem indeed but the fact that our governments did the same it's an even bigger one. :)

soren

27/7/08
is not to tell what to do - is the fact - facts you also use...

and also said with a "smile" i guess you know lol......lol..

I use my freedom of speech - i guess you have that to in france...

No one is crying, Mr Bossy, so chill and please stop telling others what to do. :)

It might be the less of 2 evils, too soon to know I'm affraid.

joe_chill

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/12
is not to tell what to do - is the fact - facts you also use...

and also said with a "smile" i guess you know lol......lol..

I use my freedom of speech - i guess you have that to in france...

Ease up Soren, Germany is running Greece now ;)

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
I hope they run greece like audi, vw, bmw, mercedes......lol

How about doing the same for GM/Chrysler? Oh never mind, you would have to move all manufacturing overseas to rid the corporations of the fat, bloated, work force here....

**more worms**

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
ded4ed730705609121c7cb13ab0c059b.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
That's a problem indeed but the fact that our governments did the same it's an even bigger one. :)

Well that was on purpose, wasn't it? I mean here everything is now exposed, how with fake statistics with joined the euro after our prime minister agreed with the lehman brothers on that. This crisis is so fake as my pam111. A well planed, fake crysis, and most of you can understand the purpose of it and how all the other countries knew about it and none mention anything or did anything to prevent it...

It's all about oil......

What do you think our prohibition era was all about? They were putting it in their gas tanks, drinking it was not that big of a problem.

Conspiracy outed, now where is my foil hat (anyone got some smilies for that?)

Should i mention that out of nowhere and suddenly Greece has oil now! The Aegean is full of it!!! When for years all the people talking about it were crazy. How convenient that it was discovered now that we need money and we will sell it at a very low price...

Ease up Soren, Germany is running Greece now ;)

Well you think is funny? I can tell you most Greeks hate Germany, not German people and i make this clear, cause this has nothing to do with the people of a country, this is all about government plans... What Germany didn't succeed with WW2 has now managed it without a single bullet, except the people shooting themselves cause they don't have money to pay their rent and they don't want to leave in the streets. Is it still funny to you???

How about doing the same for GM/Chrysler? Oh never mind, you would have to move all manufacturing overseas to rid the corporations of the fat, bloated, work force here....

**more worms**

Absolutely correct! One of the major targets. Have great workers at a very low cost. Who wouldn't want that?

Lets be realistic, there is no crisis, "they" made the crisis and Greece is going down, i can tell you that, there is no future here. Corrupted politicians and many years of wastage is the result of the current situation. And the sad thing is that people don't revolt cause many of them are part of the system and used it for doing their dirty jobs... I can be talking for hours of what the problems were and how we reached here but that has no meaning...
Solutions is what we need now, and i don't think there is anyone to offer them...

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
North America will be totally energy independent in the next 5 to 10 years. Count on it. Then, the Arabs can stick their oil derricks up their A**. We're are already a net exporter due to the abundance of natural gas.

idontknow

Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
North America will be totally energy independent in the next 5 to 10 years.

Let us hope, or we will no longer be the masters of our own destiny. A lot of lives will have been lost in vain in the never ending quest for liberty (and to maintain it).