• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

who's SMP is the most accurate?

rek001

16/3/06
It's interesting, the SMP is one rep that's definately backslid, it appears that its golden age was a good 3 years ago (closed factory super rep). Real shame.

Hyster

29/7/06
I've just bought one on another forum second hand, older one with pins in the bracelet.

Really looking forward to it coming.

magick1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/06
GEN SMP

I have to agree with the above comments about buying a gen SMP. I did buy one new last month and I can't quit looking at that lume...it is amazing! I havn't worn any other watch since the purchase except when at work. Even catching the sun for a second and the thing blazes. Its just a great watch and you can get great prices on used ones for sure.

ken1

18/3/07
anyone have any idea how much the closed factory smp's were when they were still making them?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Does anyone know if the ETA SMPs that Silix is offering for sale are of any better quality than the rest of the SMP reps out there? I've found that Silix frequently has different sources and different watches than the other major dealers.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
The dial looks to be at the same quality as current rep. I would strongly suggest Planet Ocean replica. Way much better for the moment.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
Oh, I've got a PO on order from Silix now. It's just my dad loves the SMP, and I promised I'd get him one. He won't really care about the HE valve placement or anything like that. Just want to make sure that the build on Silix's ETA is solid.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
If you don't really mind on He valve, it looks pretty good. Good for daily beater.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
That's disappointing. But from what I've read, I'm not sure there's anything specific to Silix's watch that would necessarily be worse than any other SMP rep. And I do like the ETA movement for the price. So I'll probably just go with Silix's on this.

One question-- is there a difference in size between Silix's SMP and Andrew, Josh's, etc? Shouldn't the SMP be 42mm? Then why does Silix list it as being 40mm?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
That's what I thought, but it's not clear on Silix's site. Takashi-- from what you've seen on SMPs, do you think that Silix's SMP is the same one that Josh and Andrew carry?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It is the same piece. Usually you can notice the lume quality (some aren't applied evenly). It varies greatly on this model.