• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who makes Tudor Black Bay Nato straps?

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Hey Tudor lovers,

I am having a hard time finding a fitting Nato strap (blue and silver color) for my Tudor Black Bay 58 blue. Is any rep factory producing these Natos with the correct spacing between spring bars?

Thanks for any hint!

K95QnF.jpeg

K95lut.png

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Heaps of people make decent quality straps in 20mm width.
My personal favourite it the Crown & Buckle chevron series.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
That’s true but not what I am looking for.

The Tudor straps have the spring bars wove in so that the NATO is perfectly secured while being single-pass. This makes it super flat and comfortable to wear.

Jossé

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/8/23
The fjords
I have seen a similar strap, but in a different color for the Tudor Black Bay Heritage listed on Trusty's site earlier. Maybe he can help you if they are still in production?

Oxfordgreen1

Supporter
Certified
5/10/22
UK
I’ve bought the gen fabric straps on eBay before, often about £100 if you are lucky. I was also lucky to find one on here last year. No other straps come close IMO. I’ve heard Tudor fabric straps are made by the same tailor that supplies the Vatican.

I’ve yet to find anyone who makes decent quality sewn in ones other than the TD’s when you buy the rep. But even then the weave is slightly off. If you find some decent quality ones I’d love to know.

Yes there are some great alternatives out there, and it comes down to personal preference but nothing beats the gen ones, although no one would really ever know the difference in the real world.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
I agree in large part - but disagree on your last point: you will always know when wearing it due to the superb feel :)

Plus I own the gen (on SS bracelet). In this part of the world one can find the gen straps on eBay or c24 for 200 or even 250€ which is simply too much for my taste…

Will let you know though’

Reactions: Oxfordgreen1

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
have you tried Etsy?
You will need to swap buckles but the quality is usually miles better than the AliX straps

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Well, yes and no: none of the straps offered there has the woven-in spring bars. Without those, it is just a standard Nato…

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
If you need the woven in spring bar keepers, you will need to go gen. They come up from time to time on here, C24 and fleabay.

Reactions: Fabulously