• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who likes the Glashutte Senator Sixties ?

Bassy2000

Known Member
1/12/17
Still not fully convinced as I like four or five other versions of the sixties much better. However, it it still uncertain if the other colours will be made again, I heard.

Reactions: johnlogan

alexdazio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/18
Indeed, but how much of the movement is GEN? Who knows. Thanks for the link.

Gen? Why should anyone make a rep movement of a nice, but cheap East Germany watch?

QC in Gub/Glashutte was not necessarily at the same level of Switzerland and it's highly possible that watches have been messed with of frankened at one point or another of their life. Difficult, or pretty impossible to say and, frankly speaking, who cares? For 300 dollars, more or less, you can buy a vintage piece instead of a rep but, at the end, it's a matter of individual preference and taste.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Gen? Why should anyone make a rep movement of a nice, but cheap East Germany watch?

QC in Gub/Glashutte was not necessarily at the same level of Switzerland and it's highly possible that watches have been messed with of frankened at one point or another of their life. Difficult, or pretty impossible to say and, frankly speaking, who cares? For 300 dollars, more or less, you can buy a vintage piece instead of a rep but, at the end, it's a matter of individual preference and taste.

A 45 year old watch is sure to have been serviced and movement parts, hands , xtal, etc might be after marked. But yeah it’s a nice vintage piece.