• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who bought a 43MM Offshore? Post pics :)

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Hi,
I am intrigued to buy one of the newer offshore models but I can't get over the date wheel position (besides the other flaws) but this being the most obvious one for me.
Did anyone buy a 43mm APF Offshores? Please post some pictures. I'm torn between the rose gold/black or the black/white version.

To the modders: Are there any known Franken's with the correct dw position yet? Is it even possible? Would assume gen dial + tachy + movement + dw swap would do it, but that's sounds like a wet dream right now :) Haven't seen any 43mm parts available on Chrono24 or eBay.

Lets see some pictures :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have one and it’s not bad. As the global trend moves toward smaller watches, the 43mm ROO line replaces the 44mm ones become obsolete and the 48mms like the legacy and T3 become extinct and likely never to be remade again in the same monstrous proportions.

A 43mm ROO franken isn’t impossible but I’m glad for one that parts aren’t easily available, but I don’t want them to be totally unavailable. Just relatively rare and challenging to source. That will keep the value of the watches and parts for gen and franken owners and be immensely satisfying for the persistent member who gets the watch built. All the best and I’m hoping to see the progress of your endeavors!

Reactions: OffshoreNL

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Since no one bought any, any advice on the colour options? black being the most 'gen-like' ?

The rose gold with the black dial looks much better to me, but then I'll have to get it plated and all that. I just want some hassle free holiday watch when going back to London, Paris and Rome that won't have me in tears when it gets snatched of my wrist, but I also don't want to be the doofus in the 4 seasons with the obvious rep on the wrist.

154(5)00 seems like the more gen like option but only the rose gold comes on strap and that means plating issues.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I purchased the rose gold it’s a fabulous watch also the kaki but I end up wearing the rose gold most times