• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

****Which Richard Mille are you wearing today?****

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
35034c4f03edb84c0d134f15d1e1d2d3.jpg

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
what can you do about the "fogginess"? i had this problem when i first got my 052 and it went away on its own. is it just an issue with the seal or is it just a production flaw in general?

IMO, there is little to no seal in at least some versions of the RM035-02. I have seen pics on these forums showing the carbon parts disassembled, and I see no seal grooves or seals. On one TD webpage, there are videos of the various watch models, and one version (cheaper version) of the RM035-02 shows a gap between the bexel and case as the watch is rotated. You can actually see light from the other side of the watch. I have one on order now (ZF v3), and plan at some point to take the bezel and back off and seal it with a very thin bead of black sealant (if needed, if there are no seals). Not to make it waterproof, as I see no need to swim with an RM rep, but just to prevent fogging. And also check the crown seals. When I got my Roles Deepsea Noob V7, the case back was basically finger tight, so I expect if I had submersed it, I would have been very disappointed. Glad I had ordered a case back wrench (I like to take my new stuff apart to check out). I ended up using it to seal it.

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
sitting just as pretty as the day I bought it! anyone into PC's here?
ZnkpJI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Amijne

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
Your conclusion is spot on positivitony, with a red strap thrown in, I really love it - looks great in the flesh!

how does one go about performing that surgery? would love to wash my hands and not worry about tarnishing my RG anymore lol

Last edited:

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
how does one go about performing that surgery? would love to wash my hands and not worry about tarnishing my RG anymore lol

Hi, I had the 2 watches, one like yours and a Ti version and literally just swapped over the front and back bezels. The Ti version kept very good time but the rose gold version used to randomly stop. I think the combination I ended up with looked a bit more subtle for more regular use and a so sat well with the red strap.