• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

****Which Richard Mille are you wearing today?****

baldocd

secretly judging your watch
Supporter
Certified
12/8/19
Indonesia
HPp50S.jpeg

Reactions: CF_Stan and Zac

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
It never ceases to amaze me how do most of you, RM lovers pull off wearing a RM. I mean, for the majority of us it has to scream out FAKE, does it not? Don't get me wrong, and I obviously do not condemn anybody, but I just can't get my head around it.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
It never ceases to amaze me how do most of you, RM lovers pull off wearing a RM. I mean, for the majority of us it has to scream out FAKE, does it not? Don't get me wrong, and I obviously do not condemn anybody, but I just can't get my head around it.
Hardly anyone outside our circles knows anything about watches, much less a niche brand like RM, I was wearing a $50 RM from Ali last year as a try out to whether I liked it on my wrist or not, and even then I had a few compliments from people on the watch who sort of recognised it, and as they know I am a watch guy with gens, just assumed it was probably real. Outside of ADs and Conventions there will be no issues unless you make it one in your mind.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Most people don't know the cost of luxury watches, i asked a non watch friend how much he thought a Rolex cost, he said 3 grand... if you show them a RM, probably even less... haha

eugi18

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/14
Thank you, Wish it was a Gen! I got it from a private agent I had met on Facebook, and have been purchasing from him regularly for about a year. I can forward you his WhatsApp information if you want.
Hey there, I was wondering if it was possible to get contact of your agent? As been looking for exact that model for quite some time!

Really appreciate you posting it and sharing with us!

pleasebegentle:)

Horology Curious
Supporter
7/8/22
My new BBR 35-01.
This is so amazing. I've been going through all the RM threads since 2015, it's incredible how far they've come.
It's true that if you put it 2 inches from your eyes, you'll see the not-as-good finish compared to the ZF, but from normal wrist distance, no chance that'll be a bother.
The moving gears and balance wheel is a must imo.
Fit and finish is very good, the strap and buckle is a little stiff, but I got used to them quickly. Once it's on my wrist, it feels extremely secure.
Yes, the proportions of the movement are off from the gen, but it's not that big of a deal.
This is a fun watch, a great entry into RM. I'm hooked.

Reactions: CF_Stan

Horology Curious
Supporter
7/8/22
My new BBR 35-01.
This is so amazing. I've been going through all the RM threads since 2015, it's incredible how far they've come.
It's true that if you put it 2 inches from your eyes, you'll see the not-as-good finish compared to the ZF, but from normal wrist distance, no chance that'll be a bother.
The moving gears and balance wheel is a must imo.
Fit and finish is very good, the strap and buckle is a little stiff, but I got used to them quickly. Once it's on my wrist, it feels extremely secure.
Yes, the proportions of the movement are off from the gen, but it's not that big of a deal.
This is a fun watch, a great entry into RM. I'm hooked.

Horology Curious
Supporter
7/8/22
In my developing country in South East Asia, there are tons of people with millions and millions of $ but they drive around in a Camry or CR-V and hang out on sidewalks drinking lemon tea while wearing gen RMs and Pateks.

It's cliched, but it's really the wearer that makes the watch.

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
you'd be shocked how many people don't know or care about watches. i hang out in circles with just about every facet of society and i love telling all my buddies about my rep RM's, Rolexes, etc. it gets them like wow that's pretty sweet where can i get one? it gets my average friends out of their invicta's/bulova's that they hate and saves my well-to-do friends about 12k on a gen sub! then boom they're all suckered into our little hobby forever *maniacal laugh* which ultimately is the end goal, right? more people who want reps, more money for the factories, better reps come out, so that's a win/win/win.

Reactions: CF_Stan