• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which rep have you loved so much you bought gen?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I am number +5000 ish on the Helm waitlist.
😅

i agree about the AD on Rolex. I just cannot be bothered. The EXP1 rep is fine, and the rest I buy gen.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Radirka

Supporter
Certified
17/5/22
Old Continent
Omega Seamaster 300. Have the Spectre, loved it, so I've bought myself a gen. Not spectre though - just the regular one....

Reactions: Karbon74

Ebay26

Horology Curious
6/1/22
Cartier Satnos Medium size. I am so close to buying the gen, but I have zero problems with the rep and as long that's the case I will wait.
Which rep do you have? I’m looking for one and based in the UK

Missed out on the GF reps now it seems next best is 3KF

GMT+9Tokyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/20
Germany
Which rep do you have? I’m looking for one and based in the UK

Missed out on the GF reps now it seems next best is 3KF
I have the one from RXW. I bought it in 2020, so I don't know if there is something better on the market, but it's been working great for almost 3 years and with the Miyota movement, I don't worry about the watch dying anytime soon.

JoSha

2/7/22
London UK
Does this count? Getting into reps even baby tier as I am at the moment (2 cheap Subs), has made me want a Ginault, because I want to level up craftsmanship and the USP to me right now is, lets just say what I am told is his background. My ambitions had adjusted downwards a while back with Rolex's social credit system where only good consoomers with clean whiskers and a face that fits get the steel sports, also some different bad experiences even just from Selfridges, a literal department store which also sells underpants, when window-shopping Tudors.

So I was at "screw 'em I'll live in my Seikos and Pulsars" and then I got my first rep Sub because of the FU factor to wear it round the house and garage, and at that point I was certain I was in the £50 to £500 game forever because of the toxicity encountered beyond that.

Now off the two cheap reps I have, it's inching back towards Ginault because I love the style so much, and that he came up to that level of quality around the snobs and the jerks and the little gatekeepers of special lists also sells it. Prolly convoluted asf there but it's low-end reps up-selling me on a four-figure gen in the same genre, so...

I also see his work as a love for the form and coming from the heart, Tudor's Sub-style offerings pale by comparison, too "focus group," too bland.

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Does this count? Getting into reps even baby tier as I am at the moment (2 cheap Subs), has made me want a Ginault, because I want to level up craftsmanship and the USP to me right now is, lets just say what I am told is his background. My ambitions had adjusted downwards a while back with Rolex's social credit system where only good consoomers with clean whiskers and a face that fits get the steel sports, also some different bad experiences even just from Selfridges, a literal department store which also sells underpants, when window-shopping Tudors.

So I was at "screw 'em I'll live in my Seikos and Pulsars" and then I got my first rep Sub because of the FU factor to wear it round the house and garage, and at that point I was certain I was in the £50 to £500 game forever because of the toxicity encountered beyond that.

Now off the two cheap reps I have, it's inching back towards Ginault because I love the style so much, and that he came up to that level of quality around the snobs and the jerks and the little gatekeepers of special lists also sells it. Prolly convoluted asf there but it's low-end reps up-selling me on a four-figure gen in the same genre, so...

I also see his work as a love for the form and coming from the heart, Tudor's Sub-style offerings pale by comparison, too "focus group," too bland.
So which Ginault you looking at getting? I've been looking at a few as of late and they've really peaked my interest. Get high praise on this forum for sure

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region

Their new Silent Service is just a beauty

JoSha

2/7/22
London UK
So which Ginault you looking at getting? I've been looking at a few as of late and they've really peaked my interest. Get high praise on this forum for sure

Ocean-Rover 181875GSLID & Ocean-Rover II 201175LSICB are top of the list right now.

I thought I didn't like ceramic bezels (why have dinner plate material on the wrist when aluminium fades so good and looks so classic) but then I got a Sub rep with ceramic, from Dealer Clocks, just because it was what I landed on first, and love that thing. Rep II came with aluminium which was an added bonus to get a feel for the difference on broadly similar pieces.

The hematite-like sheen on the ceramic I have makes my eyes want more than they ever get, it's intriguing, fascinating, whereas aluminium is all just out there on display.

But that gold sand lume on the 181875GSLID takes my breath away and wins by a nose. If/when I go to commit what to me is a fair chunk of change, I might have one of those last-minute flips.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Ocean-Rover 181875GSLID & Ocean-Rover II 201175LSICB are top of the list right now.

I thought I didn't like ceramic bezels (why have dinner plate material on the wrist when aluminium fades so good and looks so classic) but then I got a Sub rep with ceramic, from Dealer Clocks, just because it was what I landed on first, and love that thing. Rep II came with aluminium which was an added bonus to get a feel for the difference on broadly similar pieces.

The hematite-like sheen on the ceramic I have makes my eyes want more than they ever get, it's intriguing, fascinating, whereas aluminium is all just out there on display.

But that gold sand lume on the 181875GSLID takes my breath away and wins by a nose. If/when I go to commit what to me is a fair chunk of change, I might have one of those last-minute flips.
Nice to know, thanks for the response. The ocean rover two is one I have my eyes on but not a priority so just waiting for a good deal. Have read some great stuff about them through and would certainly hold value easily if I ended up not wearing / ended up being underwhelming.

Reactions: JoSha

27/9/16
For some reason I go the other way buy reps of my gens.