• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which rep have you loved so much you bought gen?

Got20Mate

Hunting for the perfect Speedy rep!
Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
Did this with my recent Tudor acquisition, as I loved the BB58 I ended up buying the gen. I know this is different for everybody because of personal circumstances, but I find it fascinating that sometimes a rep hits that sweet spot to the point where you chase the real thing!

Reactions: StrangwaysAtoll

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
BP 16570 &
DSN PAM024

Both tempted me to buy the Gens. Although I wanted the Gens before I bought the Reps. But the BP 16570 was terrible - there is no really good 16750 Rep, so I HAD to buy the Gen.

Reactions: Got20Mate

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
BP 16570 &
DSN PAM024

Both tempted me to buy the Gens. Although I wanted the Gens before I bought the Reps. But the BP 16570 was terrible - there is no really good 16750 Rep, so I HAD to buy the Gen.
Just like the Speedmaster, I'm still waiting for the right gen to pick one up but the reps have never been quite right.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I’d never buy a gen of which there is a good rep of.
I get this approach, it makes sense and when they're completely identical it's hard to justify it. I just think I'd personally always know it's a rep, and it sits just a little "off" because of this.

Maybe I'm just silly and need to get over it :ROFLMAO:

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
The #1 gen I would like that I have a rep of is a blue pelagos.
It’s just hard to justify the price difference.
That didn’t really answer the question but close enough.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
The main factor for me is brand love.
I really like Cartier, so I can't imagine buying a rep.
Samewise, I am in awe of the co-axial movement, so my next gen will be an Omega PO.

For the rest, if the outside look, finish and fit is good, I don't mind reps. That said I just have one rep EXP1 and one on order PAM.

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
The #1 gen I would like that I have a rep of is a blue pelagos.
It’s just hard to justify the price difference.
That didn’t really answer the question but close enough.
Which is your favourite factory/version?

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
but i went off topic and did not answer your question 😅
As you see, I already have a split in what i would buy gen vs rep.

That said I love my new exp1 rep. However, I don't believe I would love it some much as to buy gen...BUT if in a few years it breaks, and this irritates me so much, I might buy gen IF Rolex gets their shit together with that AD mess

Vincini

Watch Addict
Supporter
Certified
4/7/19
Germany
Non ATM but if I ever have the money it would be 100% sure an Daydate 40mm YG with an black dial. Favorite watch of all :love:

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I did it the other way around. Sold my gen 116509, massive regret followed by massive price increase in the WG tonas meant that easiest was to get back into it was a decent rep. Noob racing dial followed, didn’t scratch the itch as dial wasn’t great… but the Clean Black racing dial is a peach.

#norugrats

Reactions: Karbon74

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK
I did it the other way around. Sold my gen 116509, massive regret followed by massive price increase in the WG tonas meant that easiest was to get back into it was a decent rep. Noob racing dial followed, didn’t scratch the itch as dial wasn’t great… but the Clean Black racing dial is a peach.

#norugrats
Ahh not heard this way round before, interesting take. I suppose there's always room for improvements when it comes to the reps whereas the gen is the gen. At least you got to experience the real thing!

Got20Mate

Patron
Certified
20/7/22
UK

#norugrats
Ahh not heard this way round before, interesting take. I suppose there's always room for improvements when it comes to the reps whereas the gen is the gen. At least you got to experience the real thing!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Baring a serious unexpected situation, I don't think I would ever sell a high end brand gen. If the price of the gen could really impact my life, I would not buy it in the first place.

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Reps scratch the itch for me. That said, I'm on the list for an Explorer I but honestly I'm not sure I'll take it if they ever call me. I refuse to ingratiate the AD. On the other hand, one never knows...

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Reps scratch the itch for me. That said, I'm on the list for an Explorer I but honestly I'm not sure I'll take it if they ever call me. I refuse to ingratiate the AD. On the other hand, one never knows...
If you get the call, ingratiation is a thing of the past 😁

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
If you get the call, ingratiation is a thing of the past 😁
If. It's been more than a year now. F*!k that BS. I must say I do enjoy Microbrands though, something different and really original stuff out there.

• Haha