• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Panthére version is the best?

israelodysseus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/23
United States
If GF is not available, you can go BVF without any concerns.

Troubles are mainly for two-tone or "gold" models. For steel, it's only a matter of extremely minor differences invisible to the naked eye.
Do you know anyone who still has access for the GF steel?

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
Gf as we know is gone hopefully temporarily like vsf was. Bvf is your next best bet. If the dial bothers you get a gen and have it installed

israelodysseus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/23
United States
Gf as we know is gone hopefully temporarily like vsf was. Bvf is your next best bet. If the dial bothers you get a gen and have it installed
For the stainless steel models I would actually say 8848 is better than BVF if you can get a clean one.I was looking for a Panthere and when getting the QC from both BVF and 8848 the 8848 had more accurate font thickness, cleaner printing, and has a larger gasket under the casebook for a bit better water resistance similar to Gen. I didn't go ahead with mine because of there was a small misprint on the dial, though it was still cleaner than the BVF. I will keep an eye out on the next batch of 8848 Panthere's.

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
For the stainless steel models I would actually say 8848 is better than BVF if you can get a clean one.I was looking for a Panthere and when getting the QC from both BVF and 8848 the 8848 had more accurate font thickness, cleaner printing, and has a larger gasket under the casebook for a bit better water resistance similar to Gen. I didn't go ahead with mine because of there was a small misprint on the dial, though it was still cleaner than the BVF. I will keep an eye out on the next batch of 8848 Panthere's.
care to share said QC pictures so we can see the difference?

Clevo

Horology Curious
20/8/18
So I have done some research recently regarding the Panthére since the wife wants one.

GF is out of the game and the only good version available seems to be BVF.

BVF had some flaws earlier, mainly with the dial. Recent QC photos I've seen suggest that those flaws have been fixed, so I am leaning towards the BVF.

I only have one problem; the rep seems to be 22mm in size while the gen is 23mm according to Cartiers website.

Have the rep makers made a mistake or what's going on here?
Do they come in 27mm from Cartier Gen ?
Panthère Secrete Ladies 27mm SS K11 1:1 Best Edition White Dial on SS Bracelet Ronda Quartz

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I am also looking! What does GF mean vs. BVF? New to this
Too much info.

Code:
site:https://forum.replica-watch.info cartier gf bvf

Stick that into Google and read your heart out.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
K6m8sD.jpeg

Wife went with the BVF and it's absolutely fantastic. She tried a gen at an AD a few weeks prior and there are no overly obvious differences when not compared side by side or with the photos she took at the AD...

Valaj

Known Member
15/3/23
Illinois
K6m8sD.jpeg

Wife went with the BVF and it's absolutely fantastic. She tried a gen at an AD a few weeks prior and there are no overly obvious differences when not compared side by side or with the photos she took at the AD...
Exactly. Wife has a gen and had a BVF two tone. The difference is noticeable ONLY when compared next to each other (there are a few differences). Otherwise, it's a pretty good rep. Especially the single tone SS watch.