• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which Panthére version is the best?

dementomori

Horology Curious
9/8/22
Hello everyone, I've already posted the same question here but surely this is the proper section where to find the right answer for sure.

I'm struggling figuring out which one is the currently best version available for the Panthére de Cartier 27mm, I've searched around and ended up that DJF and GF 1:1 version are the two.
This one from TheOneWatches seems to be good but I've found this one from PureTime that seems to be the same but at a lower price.
I've also got struggled finding the DJF version, saw only on Asian7750 here but I'm a bit suspicious about the quality upgrade.

Anybody could help me finding the right one for my lady?
Thank you

Reactions: AngelicRed

Griffith

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/22
If GF is not available, you can go BVF without any concerns.

Troubles are mainly for two-tone or "gold" models. For steel, it's only a matter of extremely minor differences invisible to the naked eye.

Reactions: powerka

dementomori

Horology Curious
9/8/22
If GF is not available, you can go BVF without any concerns.

Troubles are mainly for two-tone or "gold" models. For steel, it's only a matter of extremely minor differences invisible to the naked eye.
Thanks for your advice! If you already bought it, can I ask you where can I find GF? As I've said I found it on PureTime's website and TheOneWatches too but a bit more expensive but can't tell differences

Griffith

19/7/22
I didn't buy this watch, but as I said, if you're interested in steel model, you can go any factory. I don't know exactly the differences but it's extremely minor and invisible to the naked eye for steel models.

Reactions: dementomori

powerka

Supporter
17/4/14
Bought a Panthere SS. As GF was not available I went with BVF. I'm not a Cartier expert, therefore can't say how close to gen this watch is. Watch looks great regardless. Happy with it.

Griffith

19/7/22
The photo is not really good and a little blurry, it's difficult to see. What are all this "scratchs" on the bracelet ?

You can take a better one at the sunlight or under a ceiling lamp without any blur and with the bracelet "cleaned" if you want me to take a look at it.

powerka

Supporter
17/4/14
The photo is not really good and a little blurry, it's difficult to see. What are all this "scratchs" on the bracelet ?

You can take a better one at the sunlight or under a ceiling lamp without any blur and with the bracelet "cleaned" if you want me to take a look at it.
Bad picture indeed but looks fantastic (no scratches) and after some research seems to be a fantastic close to gen rep.

dementomori

Horology Curious
9/8/22
Bought a Panthere SS. As GF was not available I went with BVF. I'm not a Cartier expert, therefore can't say how close to gen this watch is. Watch looks great regardless. Happy with it.

really nice one mate, congrats!
where did you buy this beautiful piece?

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
really nice one mate, congrats!
where did you buy this beautiful piece?
I don't know about him but I have a BVF on the way from Hont at $198 shipped

zdWUuv.jpg

Lexington_120

Somebody's watching you
12/12/20
EU
I have the DJF since 2 year , its really like gen , dial , strap pearl , all is perfect

You can fin it with Andrew

Reactions: dementomori

damascus19121

Looking Around
29/9/22
Both those BVF models have faults at the "VI" position. Look at the "V" compared to the "I". The "V" is too short

I've rejected a BVF panthere. I'm probably going for a GF now.

Reactions: artyarty

dementomori

Horology Curious
9/8/22
Both those BVF models have faults at the "VI" position. Look at the "V" compared to the "I". The "V" is too short

I've rejected a BVF panthere. I'm probably going for a GF now.
I think I’ll go for a GF too, where are you going to buy it? I’m struggling finding one.

Geonor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
I think I’ll go for a GF too, where are you going to buy it? I’m struggling finding one.
I wanted to go for the GF as well but it wasn't in production at the time I bought the BVF according to Hont. Not sure how the situation is now.

Calibre16

31/1/12
So I have done some research recently regarding the Panthére since the wife wants one.

GF is out of the game and the only good version available seems to be BVF.

BVF had some flaws earlier, mainly with the dial. Recent QC photos I've seen suggest that those flaws have been fixed, so I am leaning towards the BVF.

I only have one problem; the rep seems to be 22mm in size while the gen is 23mm according to Cartiers website.

Have the rep makers made a mistake or what's going on here?