• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which model of RM has been cloned the best?

farbo21

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/23
USA, New York
I am really looking for the closest RM to the original. I don't even mind spending upwards of $2k it makes sense. I am not picky about the model. I would love to hear inputs on which RM model has been cloned the best and the source where I can purchase. Thank you all.

wuyang616

Horology Curious
9/7/17
Tokyo
I am really looking for the closest RM to the original. I don't even mind spending upwards of $2k it makes sense. I am not picky about the model. I would love to hear inputs on which RM model has been cloned the best and the source where I can purchase. Thank you all.
You can try BBR RM055 with custom made sapphire crystal case mods, which costs around $4,500 from Chinese dealer. Obviously you won’t get these modified models from TDs so it’s up to you.
There’s nothing like 100% close reps as of now but if you read other threads carefully, you may find decent 80% close models. If you want 100% close, you should wait another 2-3 years.

farbo21

15/4/23
USA, New York
You can try BBR RM055 with custom made sapphire crystal case mods, which costs around $4,500 from Chinese dealer. Obviously you won’t get these modified models from TDs so it’s up to you.
There’s nothing like 100% close reps as of now but if you read other threads carefully, you may find decent 80% close models. If you want 100% close, you should wait another 2-3 years.
I saw in another thread that a lot of people love the RM035 made by Sonic. Any opinion on that?

Can you share any dealers that do the mods and upgrades to RMs?

phone

Supporter
Certified
13/8/16
I saw in another thread that a lot of people love the RM035 made by Sonic. Any opinion on that?

Can you share any dealers that do the mods and upgrades to RMs?
You'd probably be better off asking a trusted modder on the forum to do some work on it for you.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and welcome to RWI!

I noticed that this is your first time posting on RWI. You are welcome to introduce yourself in the new members area in the "New members say hi" sub section.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (in all subsections), as they contain lots of information for newcomers and, most importantly, our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the best out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important RWI resources:

Also this please read this important sticky:

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo during your time as a newbie. That's what we are here for!

tahinci

2/1/23
Turkey
From the comments on the forum, Sonic's 35-01 model looks very popular, you can wait for the comments of a few members who bought it.

phone

Supporter
Certified
13/8/16
So is it actually a super clone or miyota?
Another member on that thread stated the fact that the gears actually move on this movement. Not sure if that gives you any good insight or not!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
There is no RM movement super clone
Would be a bit ridiculous if they could clone a movement from a $2.5M or so watch, but not get a cheesy Lemania copy done to finally make a half-way decent moonwatch with correctly spaced sub dials. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Tobel