• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which factory is good for a navitimer ?

Sinclair221

Horology Curious
16/8/23
As it says in the title I have the question which Factory is good for the breitling Navitimer and which rather not so.
I am curious about your opinions.

Someone told me BLS is very good but are they better than KOR?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Definitely go with KOR if they're available. My seller told me they're hard to come by in recent days...

BLS has the sunken date problem that is apparent with almost all sub dial configurations at 3, 6, 9 position because of the architecture of the 7750.

There were some very decent BP navitimer models with faux sub dials but working small seconds at 9. These are not available anymore.

When it comes to Navitiimer World BP also made some of the best reps with non sunken date and decent dials (Blue and Black were considered NWBIG whilst White got more of a cream color even though the gen was more flat/ice white)

Long story short - KOR came after GF and dropped some decent Navitimer reps with sub dial layout like the Navi World with sub dials at 6, 9, 12 o clock position also with a non sunken date and awesome finish.

stay away from open case back Navitimers as they are all equipped with fake deco and super thickness as a result.

Best of luck!

Sinclair221

Horology Curious
16/8/23
Definitely go with KOR if they're available. My seller told me they're hard to come by in recent days...

BLS has the sunken date problem that is apparent with almost all sub dial configurations at 3, 6, 9 position because of the architecture of the 7750.

There were some very decent BP navitimer models with faux sub dials but working small seconds at 9. These are not available anymore.

When it comes to Navitiimer World BP also made some of the best reps with non sunken date and decent dials (Blue and Black were considered NWBIG whilst White got more of a cream color even though the gen was more flat/ice white)

Long story short - KOR came after GF and dropped some decent Navitimer reps with sub dial layout like the Navi World with sub dials at 6, 9, 12 o clock position also with a non sunken date and awesome finish.

stay away from open case back Navitimers as they are all equipped with fake deco and super thickness as a result.

Best of luck!
Thank you for your detailed answer that helps me a lot.

soulysax

Next watch is the last one I swear
Certified
14/9/23
CONUS
V7 is tops on several lists and the one I have. Looks fantastic.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yeah not for me, the bezel looks feminine and the the B logo I love on other models but the Navi deserves the wings IMO

soulysax

Next watch is the last one I swear
Certified
14/9/23
CONUS
Appreciate that. Personally I prefer the world 46mm and it has the wings but they aren't making those anymore.

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
I can appreciate the beaded bezel as it is historical but more importantly for me, something interesting. V7 , if I'm not mistaken made the Transocean replica which I had in black dial and it was absolutely fantastic. Genlike AR on such a boxed edge crystal with no milky ring on the border. Beautiful rep.

Without having read any other posts besides the V7 post I'm a JF guy (chrono version). AR is spot on. Feels gen like. If they're available now buy one and you won't be disappointed.

Edit -----And after reading, the thread is 3 months old I didn't realize, lol. And JF, KOR, GF are all great. Research what is important to you and pick your favorite. And since 3 mo ago, did you pick one? What did you get and what did you think?

Last edited:

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Jf Sunken date doesn't bother me. Some people are very slide rule particular. Not me either, lol. This thing feels great.

HdIC4Q.jpeg