• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which curvex case to accept gen dial?

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Hi peeps, looks like Silix can provide my 21j crazy hour in mid size that I could franken a bit.
My question is - which case size would have the biggest selection of gen dials later on ebay?

Here's the number I found
30mm x 45mm x 10mm
31mm x 45mm x 11mm
31mm x 45mm x 10mm
32mm x 45mm x 11mm

Or it's the same case size just different ways of measuring it? :D

EbolaVirus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/13
Love crazy hours!!! I've been trying to source a gen Black Croco crazy for months. $20k US was the cheapest I could get it for. So instead I bought a 4 axis cnc mill. Screw it. For that money I'll make my own.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who use binary and those who don't.

EbolaVirus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/13
Oh yeah, so my point was that I'm building a 8880esque case which will accept gen glass. I wasn't planning on copying a FM outright, but it may be a fun project.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who use binary and those who don't.

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Silix told me all of them are 33mm (overall sizing term), so as far as I have read that gen Jumbos dials are quite rare, I will try to go with this size and will keep my fingers crossed dial from ebay will fit this! :)

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Silix told me all of them are 33mm (overall sizing term), so as far as I have read that gen Jumbos dials are quite rare, I will try to go with this size and will keep my fingers crossed dial from ebay will fit this! :)

Please let us know. I am very curious if it fits. Thanks!

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Still waiting for QC pictures from Silix. Wanted the one with blue hands.

I will update this thread, no worries ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Yeah the jumbo dials never come up. I've had toumii on the lookout for one for me for about 6 months, not a sniff. Bought a black 'ruby' cintree curvex CH from Sead a while ago which he told me was midsize but turned out to be jumbo :D it's been a box queen ever since and I'll probably end up selling which is a shame as it's a beaut, but it really needs a gen dial so I totally understand your quest for franken. GL!

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Yeah the jumbo dials never come up. I've had toumii on the lookout for one for me for about 6 months, not a sniff. Bought a black 'ruby' cintree curvex CH from Sead a while ago which he told me was midsize but turned out to be jumbo :D it's been a box queen ever since and I'll probably end up selling which is a shame as it's a beaut, but it really needs a gen dial so I totally understand your quest for franken. GL!

Can I contact toumii for dials that are not listed?

Now about the purchased - QC pics approved, should have the watch in 2-3weeks!

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
the last time I spoke to Jae (which was yesterday) she hadn't been able to get Crazy Hours dials for some time

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I've been looking for them as well, and she said she hasn't seen it, particularly the Long Island Crazy Hours.
That is the donor watch I've been looking for, as I still have a gen dial I want to place into. Anyone have any leads for which dealer still can get them? So far no joy with each one I've contacted.

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
I've been looking for them as well, and she said she hasn't seen it, particularly the Long Island Crazy Hours.
That is the donor watch I've been looking for, as I still have a gen dial I want to place into. Anyone have any leads for which dealer still can get them? So far no joy with each one I've contacted.

What about Silix?

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I've tried Silix last year and just a few weeks ago.
Michelle said they don't have it available.
However, thanks for your suggestion, Prancuzas.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Still waiting for QC pictures from Silix. Wanted the one with blue hands.

I will update this thread, no worries ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Any updates Prancuzas? I figured you got your watch by now.

Prancuzas

Renowned Member
6/3/12
Yeah, got it, and sold it - not my cup of tea - looks better in pictures :)

The only version of Curvex i could imagine wearing is the jumbo case size, but as far as i know the market of gen dials for that case is very very limited... ;)

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
can I ask where you found it? I have been looking for a jumbo size long island myself for ages!