• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which 1680 to go after???

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Of course.:thumbsup:
And why is it annoying in fact it was not a low beat mvt ?

Its not annoying, in fact high beat is smooth and nice...

Its just not accurate, because these old Rollies had the low beat movements in them, so the low beat is more close to GEN.

What you do is not cancel , but switch model with a low beat. I m sure Josh will have something. That way you are OK.

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
Its not annoying, in fact high beat is smooth and nice...

Its just not accurate, because these old Rollies had the low beat movements in them, so the low beat is more close to GEN.

What you do is not cancel , but switch model with a low beat. I m sure Josh will have something. That way you are OK.

Ok mate. You have reassured me.

So, I asked to Josh and he replied that :

Hi
The low beat movt in replicas are used movt of the 80s.. I am not using them..

I have to go away.

Thx to all for these clarifications and I'll read you soon.:thumbsup:

BlackSealPanerai

1/1/13
Thanks buddy i just found out myself...

I ll try to ask Ryan to source it with the correct markings.

Seems like the puretime version comes with the 285 by mistake...

Funny I saw Angus' DRSD pics showing bracelets with 580 EL.. Maybe all mixed up and perhaps after all it's just engraving difference..

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
Mendota,
Angus replied me for the 93150 bracelet with 580 endlinks.
But he gave me a link for the bracelet only ($50)
The direct link for the complete watch with this bracelet does not exist ?
When you bought from him your 1680, was it an additional purchase ?
And he did not answer to my question about the correct (or not) engraving between lugs. On yours, is it correctly marked 1680 or 5513 ?

Thanks for all.:D:

Roro, I did indeed get mine complete with the 93150 and 580 endlinks. The watch does not come with these standard so be sure to look at the QC pics not the sales pics - they show different markings. That is where I discovered the wrong stampings. I asked Angus right away (again I asked him personally, not his staff) if he could swap out the bracelet and endlinks for me with the correct ones. He said absolutely, and it would just take him a week to locate the bracelet and links. I was totally fine with the extra wait time. He and I had already been communicating about the watch and other details prior to this, so I had established a good rapor with him.

There was no additional charge. All he did was replace the one bracelet and endlinks with the other set.

I think what you are seeing is if you were to place a separate order for the bracelet, that is how much it would cost you. I did not do this. I never took possession of the first bracelet. He did the swap for me directly.

Hope that helps.

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
Roro, I did indeed get mine complete with the 93150 and 580 endlinks. The watch does not come with these standard so be sure to look at the QC pics not the sales pics - they show different markings. That is where I discovered the wrong stampings. I asked Angus right away (again I asked him personally, not his staff) if he could swap out the bracelet and endlinks for me with the correct ones. He said absolutely, and it would just take him a week to locate the bracelet and links. I was totally fine with the extra wait time. He and I had already been communicating about the watch and other details prior to this, so I had established a good rapor with him.

There was no additional charge. All he did was replace the one bracelet and endlinks with the other set.

I think what you are seeing is if you were to place a separate order for the bracelet, that is how much it would cost you. I did not do this. I never took possession of the first bracelet. He did the swap for me directly.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot, Mendota.:thumbsup:
It's exactly what I wanted to know.
At this time, PT did not answered to my 2nd email.
And for the good relation, it's what is happened between Josh and me.
So, it does not matter too much if he is not a TD here, I just know that I'll not ask for help if something goes wrong. There is no loss of life as we say.:D:
So, I ordered with him. Anyway, as I've soften read, these reps each have their strengths and weak points.
Wait and see...

Thanks again.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
I asked Ryan but he cannot swap the bracelets to get the one with the 580 markings on end links.

I wonder how Angus managed to do this.

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Hey guys, I think we have a mix up here.
285 end links originally came on the 9315 bracelet as did 280s and 380s. These came on early 1680s (280/380) and might have been used on an early 1665 DRSD (9315/285). The 9315 was used until around 1976 when the 93150 came out. 580 end links are correct for the 1680 with a 93150 and also a few 1665s had them. 585 end links are correct for the later GWSDs.
So a 285 end link on a 93150 bracelet is incorrect- they didn't come that way- just on the 9315.

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Ok alligoat,

Good info, but follow the link of the previous poster and you ll see that he mentions

93150/580 Submariner, GMT, DJ's
93150/285 1665 SeaDweller (the 285 EL is specific to the 1665)

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Ok alligoat,

Good info, but follow the link of the previous poster and you ll see that he mentions
93150/285 1665 SeaDweller (the 285 EL is specific to the 1665)

OK, my point was the 285 end link is ok for the 1665, but it has to be on a 9315 bracelet- not a 93150. the 93150 never came with a 285 endlink- that's something the rep mfrs made up and it's wrong.

And I don't think there are any rep 9315s out there- so you have to buy gen at $600+

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
+1 on alligoat.

@roro, best bet is for you to source a 93150/580 link for your 1680. It is still applicable even if one is doing a Red Sub as replacing bracelets is the norm.

@gedi, those are correct photos. The clasp code dates it back to '88 which is still period correct (but actually that was the 16800/000 transition period going to 16610). Problem is I don't know that site and the photos may not be the same ones they will actually send you once you order; more so if they would even send you anything at all and just take your money.

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
@roro, best bet is for you to source a 93150/580 link for your 1680. It is still applicable even if one is doing a Red Sub as replacing bracelets is the norm.

arcadia, you're right.

So, I'm waiting for my Explo II white face at the beginning of the next week.
That should calm down me a little time, just to wait the 1680 purchased from Josh and then I will decide what action to take about the 2nd 1680.

Read you later.
Have a good week-end all.:thumbsup: