• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to get my first omega rep ? After being ripped off !

Justin456

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/12
Wow that's a cheap copy of the omega - it would be great but I now know I need a 35mm as my wrist is really small. @ Lear I went into Ernest jones today and tried on a bunch of rolexs in a glass room with a Rolex desk....akhem...with my hoody on - she asked me if I was treating myself and I said yeah then my class line was look I just need to try sizes out I don't care about the model.... It did get a bit weird then, I realise I need a 34mm Rolex day date or similar - really nice watch - so lovely - the omega was huge - I'm sorry to ask more questions esp as I've changed my mind - who's a great Rolex man to go and ask from the list, never thought I would be a Rolex lover but I am converted they are really amazing.

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Wow that's a cheap copy of the omega - it would be great but I now know I need a 35mm as my wrist is really small. @ Lear I went into Ernest jones today and tried on a bunch of rolexs in a glass room with a Rolex desk....akhem...with my hoody on - she asked me if I was treating myself and I said yeah then my class line was look I just need to try sizes out I don't care about the model.... It did get a bit weird then, I realise I need a 34mm Rolex day date or similar - really nice watch - so lovely - the omega was huge - I'm sorry to ask more questions esp as I've changed my mind - who's a great Rolex man to go and ask from the list, never thought I would be a Rolex lover but I am converted they are really amazing.

Go to a Rolex forum and do some research... It's all over. People generally do not like threads asking who has the best X Y and Z.

That being said, the best subs are sold by either TC or BK right out of the box.

Also, if you got your money back, you're not ripped off. You almost got ripped off should be correct. Speaking of iOffer, most sellers do so because iOffer blocks the account. The seller does send the watches, though very very low in quality and often are not the ones you wanted.

Justin456

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/12
That's for the info - yes I understand then not to say who has the best etc - it's just really confusing being a first time buyer - can I ask what is the 'noob factory?' is that where the best Rolex come from and should I ask for it to come from there ? I know I'm asking another question on this link but I just didn't wanna start up lots of diff threads

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
That's for the info - yes I understand then not to say who has the best etc - it's just really confusing being a first time buyer - can I ask what is the 'noob factory?' is that where the best Rolex come from and should I ask for it to come from there ? I know I'm asking another question on this link but I just didn't wanna start up lots of diff threads

Legend has it that there are many factories in China that make reps. Of them there are factories where they Make higher quality watches than the others. They are the noob factory and the h-factory. Do they really exist, we are not sure--it might just be a marketing scheme.
But yes, a noob factory or the h-factory watches seem to be closer to gen. Note that not all watches are made by the two factories, so even if you asked, they might not have them.
We all were confused at first. Going to the specific brand forum of a watch you are looking for and reading stickies helps a lot.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Legend has it that there are many factories in China that make reps. Of them there are factories where they Make higher quality watches than the others. They are the noob factory and the h-factory. Do they really exist, we are not sure--it might just be a marketing scheme.
But yes, a noob factory or the h-factory watches seem to be closer to gen. Note that not all watches are made by the two factories, so even if you asked, they might not have them.
We all were confused at first. Going to the specific brand forum of a watch you are looking for and reading stickies helps a lot.

And even if you ask for and are sold a Noob Factory or H-Factory rep does not necessarily mean you will receive one.
I would suggest sticking with Member Sales until you have a lot of knowledge and a good eye. Most members will list the watch honestly, and others will point out discrepancies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

+100. Listen to the veteran, and you'll be all right. He won't steer your wrong.

dave

A pretty web site is not an indicator of a reputable dealer. The reputable dealers are in it for the long-haul and aren't so public when running an illegal business.
The scam sites put up pretty sites with lots of pics (many gen) and information, touting Swiss this-and-that, 1:1, and Grade AAA+ bs. They are designed to attract noobs and part them with their money. And when they get shut down, they re-open under a different name. They aren't going for repeat business - which you can't get by delivering crap, or nothing at all.
Contact any of our trusted dealers and send them a picture of the watch you want. The pic can be of a gen or even from another rep site - they don't care. They'll tell you what they can get.
They are "trusted" because they won't try to rip you off by showing you gen pics and charging you $900 for what turns out to be a $120 Canal Street quality rep. Also, if your deel goes awry, the trusted dealers have commited to work with the admin team here to work out any issues, lest they be removed from the TD list and lose a lot of repeat customers.

No stay off those scam sites - or take your chances and let us know how it works out.

And, by the way, the Omega Super Ocean Planet Ocean ("PO") pumpkin (orange bezel) is available from any dealer. It's a very popular and quite good rep. Get the high-beat movement (Asian clone or Swiss 2836) not the cheap 21J. And then buy an after-market black leather strap with orange stitching - you'll be very glad you did.