• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to get my first omega rep ? After being ripped off !

Justin456

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/9/12
Hi guys
Please can someone help.

I just had a bad exp on iOffer - the Chinese seller sold me the watch - he 20 omegas up and after me paying 65dollars he withdrew them all within 5 mins and moved them to another account - I managed to get my money back after arguing with him.

Ok so one bad exp - but I really want a omega seamaster in orange with the rubber strap ;-)
There's this one 83 dollars - jap mech
http://www.canada-watches.com/omega...with-orange-bezel-and-rubber-strap-26756.html
Or this one Swiss mech 178 dollars
http://www.designerwatchesshop.org/...s-As-ETA-Version-Rubber-Strap-Watch-1809.html

I am totally new to this and would really appreciate it if someone could guide me with a reputable place to make my first purchase.

I'm not sure if it's ok to post a question like this hear but hope it is.

Any guide on a good place to buy from or anyone who knows a good vs of this watch and whether the jap or Swiss vs looks better or works better would be great to hear your input.

Many thanks Justin

djward

Known Member
20/11/10
check the list of trusted dealers on this forum and you'll do just fine

kmac

2/2/09
Trevor or any trusted dealer. Don't go blind website shopping looking the dealer section on this site

alucard666

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/10
toro, trevor, wbk, puretime, tony... check the td section... there a number of great dealers who will get you what you want.

Justin456

9/9/12
Thanks guys am going to check out all your info you've helped me with now, I found a shop called perfectwatchez and that's supposed to be ok, thanks for the help I will read now

Justin456

9/9/12
Am bit confused now, am looking at the trusted dealers but after clicking a few they don't seem to have proper shops with a load of watches for sale . Is this really a good way to buy ? Why are they trusted more than the site like perfectwatchez ? Like which of these dealers will have the watch I need ? Thanks Justin

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Mant of the TD here do have their own website stores to sell watches and even if the watch that you are looking for is unable to find from their website, you can always send them an e-mail to request them to get it for you. They are all here being a trusted dealer because they are all tested and proven to be reliable for us to buy from. So choose the TD that you want to buy from, you can also read up their sales review so as to know which one you like better and then order from that TD.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
A pretty web site is not an indicator of a reputable dealer. The reputable dealers are in it for the long-haul and aren't so public when running an illegal business.
The scam sites put up pretty sites with lots of pics (many gen) and information, touting Swiss this-and-that, 1:1, and Grade AAA+ bs. They are designed to attract noobs and part them with their money. And when they get shut down, they re-open under a different name. They aren't going for repeat business - which you can't get by delivering crap, or nothing at all.
Contact any of our trusted dealers and send them a picture of the watch you want. The pic can be of a gen or even from another rep site - they don't care. They'll tell you what they can get.
They are "trusted" because they won't try to rip you off by showing you gen pics and charging you $900 for what turns out to be a $120 Canal Street quality rep. Also, if your deel goes awry, the trusted dealers have commited to work with the admin team here to work out any issues, lest they be removed from the TD list and lose a lot of repeat customers.

No stay off those scam sites - or take your chances and let us know how it works out.

And, by the way, the Omega Super Ocean Planet Ocean ("PO") pumpkin (orange bezel) is available from any dealer. It's a very popular and quite good rep. Get the high-beat movement (Asian clone or Swiss 2836) not the cheap 21J. And then buy an after-market black leather strap with orange stitching - you'll be very glad you did.

Justin456

9/9/12
Thanks guys - it's such a minefield and everything you have said makes sense, I enjoyed reading about sites which then set up a sub site reviewing their watches so to draw in people like me - I totally fell for that one.
Anyone know what I should be paying for this watch ? I mean originally I went for 65 dollars on ioffer - obv was getting ripped off and luckily got my money refunded within 10 mins as I went nuts.
What's a more realistic price ? It seems like more than I was originally expecting to pay

Justin456

9/9/12
Thanks Lear - those watches are stunning - I am now looking closer and can see the detail , they are more but they look lovely.
Am now thinking I have small wrists and need a smaller watch after looking at the omega and yes it looks great on James bonds wrist it may be too big for me, will put more time into lookin now as its going to be more exp , love the Rolex milgauss , maybe this is better for smaller wrists . Who does a cheap good vs ? Thanks . Wow lovely watches at toro. Really will be pleased to get a nice one. Glad to have found this site and everyone's been so helpful. Thanks a lot ;-)

Justin456

9/9/12
Yes lear, I defiantly have the kiddy in the sweatshop syndrome , that's why I immediately went wow on ioffer within moments. I do need to look and buy carefully, I would rather get something that fits my wrist well and will last. Do you know if these des watches are made for smaller wrists ? I really think the 40mm will look silly on me. I need like a Rolex which is the size of a swatch watch. I've had swatch before and that looked normal on me. Thanks for the input. I don't want to end up with 4 of these watches all oversized which I will never wear.

lear2003

13/8/12
best option is to visit a high class jewellers and try some on, just tell them you've got a landmark birthday coming up and your parents/grandparents/wife etc are treating you. When you find the model you want get an image of it from the web and message it to 3 or 4 TD's. they will tell you if they can get that model, then if you part with your cash they will then send you QC pictures and you decide if it is ok or if you are not happy ask for another model, thats how it works. Stick to the list of Trusted Dealers though, good luck.

Justin456

9/9/12
Thanks Lear - I was thinking the same and was going to go to town to try that today, I was wearing a hoodie and I just thought I wonder what they are going to make of me trying on a 4 and a half grand watch ;-) not gonna give the grandparents story - may just ask do you accept PayPal ? And when they say no I will say 'call yourself a quality merchant !? What kinda dump won't accept PayPal ? I will do my shopping elsewhere gentlemen .. Good day to you ! '