• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to find REALLY good quality bracelets?

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
So, I have the Clean 116500. Its beautiful, the most accurate dial I’ve seen this far, they even ALMOST got the daytona text correct with its weird semi-serifs. Pushers and crown are pretty rough though but a polish would probably fix that.

Anyway, their bracelet is really, really good. Very tightly fit, the clasp is very accurate and very precise, the flip lock is ultra smooth and satisfying, and the easylink works perfectly and never gets stuck.

But once I made it on the open internet to find aftermarket bracelets, they are nowhere near as good. The best I have found easily available is Forstner, and some strange italian company that makes only the vintage mid range (80’s-90’s) oysters as good as gen almost.

I got a forstner jubilee though and was SEVERELY disappointed. The finish on the sides still has machine marks, its obvious they took it straight off the CNC and went to town with the highest grit polishing until it looked shiny. The endlinks don’t fit properly and had the same issue, heavy polish over terrible finish, but even worse. To the point where I just refinished it in my livingroom with sandpaper and it still looks better than it came. I won’t even talk about the clasp, its BAD.

Yall… I will pay freaking 1000$ for a decent quality bracelet. Thats literally all I want. I don’t understand why this is so hard for companies to make. So many genuine bracelets are finished really well but their design is crap. (Black bay 58 - way too thick, clasp isnt historically accurate, no microadjustment). Then on aftermarket you have better design but crap fit and finish.

I will pay so much money for both.
Does anyone know someone who makes a wide range of aftermarket bracelets? Even custom works. Budget is 1500$. The design or price or even the watch it goes to doesn’t matter, I just want to open a door to a company who makes decent bracelets.

As an alternative, does anyone know the company who makes Clean’s bracelets? I was so happy with mine that I will trust them 100% with any design bracelet I wanted.

I’m sorry if I seem annoyed, but i have been dealing with this for a few days now, and i just don’t understand why people don’t make actual swiss standard bracelets. They just dont seem to exist. (The actual swiss aftermarket companies bracelets are under 100$ and garbage)

If you have any specific bracelet recommendations, I am looking first for actual hollow oyster rivet bracelets designed exactly like the originals. I know they exist because I have one. The stretchy ones would be even better. As well as 70’s and 80’s style oyster bracelets with separable endlinks (they fit with the black bay’s endlinks, one of the worst offenders that I want to replace) and any vintage style gay freres emulation or beads of rice etc. but like I said, quality is all im interested in now and I will figure out the model later.

Sorry for the long post, and thanks!