• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to buy Swiss 2824 movement?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
you got yours guys at very good prices!!! Mine went almost douple Q all included...

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Thats awesome Q, your lucky. I'm going to attempt my pearl mod myself! If I factor out the custom steel bracelet + gen clasp and the movement swap i'm right about there too. Unfortunately the seller I purchased my PO from (wont call anyone out) had no clue how trashed up his movement was after his watchmaker modded it....beware, the butchers are out there :facepalm:

I was very lucky with my movement. Katt did not need to do a thing to it. it still keeps great time and winds smooth.

My FrPO is right at $750 for the watch head. (Thank goodness R2 was able to do the pearl swap!)

Paparas, it's guys like you and your comments that help me sleep at night :lol:

If flying to Greece wasn't so expensive from Canada, I'd come over there and buy you a drink!

you got yours guys at very good prices!!! Mine went almost douple Q all included...

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Any chance Om3ga you'd reveal your source for the seagull @ at the great price of $102 retail in portugal? ;)

Nope...didn't think so...that's probably kept between forum buddies ;) :D j/k

luckie

19/12/11
I saw some "Buy it now" seagulls for 72USD and 23 shipping from AU on the bay.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Mine worked out to $92.00 + $10.00 for int. shipping.

Looks like the "buy it now" is a better deal! I didn't see it when I did the search...

luckie

19/12/11
"Buy it nows" sometimes can be a good deal but at an auction you could have gotten t cheaper perhaps if others didn't try to outbid you. LOL

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Cheers Om3gy_guy, :D I must be asleep, yeah ebay should've dawned on me ;), that's a bloody good price though, ...I just realised also cousinsuk price is ex vat and shipping so when included they all add up....so the movements would want to be purchased on places like cousinsuk when included with a big order.

Tried Ofrei...can't find them.

Cheers for the link! These should be at the very least have fresher oiling and be stored better than the average rep clone so it's a good option for your PO. ETA prices are silly lately!

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I guess I screwed up even mentioning this since I'm bidding on that eBay one at the moment.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I guess I screwed up even mentioning this since I'm bidding on that eBay one at the moment.

Lol, I'll be leaving them for a couple of weeks KBH, other things to sort out.... don't hang me for bidding you up :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06

HaHa I almost placed a bid myself on that one until I saw this thread. Not much sense getting into a bidding war with ourselves. :lolcina:

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Hey not sure if any of you guys are looking for a brand new ST2130, but I just bought two @ $100.00 CDN a piece. I'll gladly sell once at the same price.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
I just pulled the trigger on a new and authentic Seagull ST2130. It cost me $102.00 delivered from Portugal. I will likely have it in the next 2 weeks.

Reviews on this movement have been very good. I've read numerous stories on swaps with previous 2824's and they went in without modifications. This will add some more character to my FrPo I guess.

I'll keep you guys posted. I am way more confident in Seagull movements than the generic asian clones coming out of the rep factories.

like this one ?
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ETA-2824-2-CLONE...423?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19ce74b50f

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
That's it. I actually just passed it on to a good RWI buddy already.

These movements are awesome for the price. I'm running 2 right now in my frankens and they haven't skipped a beat.

walkerpc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/11
Edit by R2D4, Sorry walker, no troll selling in this section but thanks for the offer. If you want to sell something, use the sales section please. TIA for your understanding.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk