• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where can I buy a genuine Rolex oyster bracelet?

d12bn

27/7/06
I have a Perfect Sub and want to get a Rolex bracelet. Anyone know where I can get a good deal?

Thanks

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
With the amazing quality of the newer Sub bracelets, why would you need a gen....???
But if you really must have one, the only safe place to get one is at an AD..for the same reason you shouldn't need one!!.... :lol:

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06
Gen bracelets aren't going to fit as good as that rep bracelet will--especially on the perfect sub--not only will you have to jam it in between the SELs & the lugs (because the cases are different sizes and the gen bracelet is wider), but they won't line up properly as the rep has lugholes drilled higher on the case than the gen does.
Besides, with no electronics, mechanics, or precious stones or metals on the gen bracelet, why in God's name would you spend $1,500 on $1.50's worth of steel?

I'd say no one would even be able to tell the difference, but they will because your watch will be two completely different colors. The gen is 904L steel and the rep is 316 stainless. Very different. Save your money for a ton of reps or a nice Tag gen or something.

d12bn

27/7/06
good advice

So can you see any difference in the gen vs rep bracelet?
How about how they feel?

Thanks for the advice.

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
I 'll second gioarmani7428 reply.

the rep bracelets are very good.... keep the money for something else..

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Re: good advice

d12bn said:
So can you see any difference in the gen vs rep bracelet?
How about how they feel?

Thanks for the advice.

Go to an AD and handle a gen Sub. The bracelet on the gen feels light and cheap, just like the rep does. :wink: The only real difference is that the gen bracelets are a bit more polished and therefore appear to be brighter/loghter colored.

Check out By-Tor's many posts/reviews on the oyster braceleted watches.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07

d12bn said:
How about how they feel?
They feel the same: just as flimsy and light, and both just as comfortable.

There's a reason both Seiko and Rolex have lighter steel bracelets and it's no coincidence they are both reckoned to be the most comfortable of the SS diver's watches.

gioarmani7428

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/06

Pugwash said:
d12bn said:
How about how they feel?
They feel the same: just as flimsy and light, and both just as comfortable.

There's a reason both Seiko and Rolex have lighter steel bracelets and it's no coincidence they are both reckoned to be the most comfortable of the SS diver's watches.

Verbatim.

Exactly.

WatchDude13

Renowned Member
3/11/06
Even if you wanted to get a gen bracelet from an AD, most won't deal parts at all. They would request you bring it in, send it to one of their service centers and have the work done there. Rolex has gotten really stingy with their parts. I've been trying to source a gen bezel insert for my GMT and even the AD I bought it from won't order it. They have to send the whole damn watch to NYC for a swap - I'd lose my current one as Rolex won't give it back.

Damn them! :x

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
A Rolex store will not sell you only a bracelet, ebay or so will do.
Also the gen have sharp edges.

But the rep ones come very close, so I would save the money.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06

Star

Known Member
14/3/06
Thanks

Thanks guru for the info. I didn't know he carried 'vintage stuff'. I'm glad you told me as I've shared his site with a couple of other people, not knowing it was that old. Thanks again

Timm