• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"what watch is yours?"

sita123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/5/13
As you all may know from my last post, I had bought a Graham Oversized Chronofighter Night Ranger from Tony. It worked for two weeks then stopped. Tony said to send it back to China and I did it cost $70 to ship it back. Tony said that he received it and I got conformation that it was delivered and signed for. Tony said it would take a week to fix the watch. Now I have been noticing on the web the same watch being discounted for half of the $300 I paid for it, with a notice that the watch has been discontinued and once they are gone they are gone. Well I thought my bad luck for purchasing the watch when I did. So after a week passed I emailed Tony about the watch, no reply, this was very unusual because tony always gets back to me within a day or so. So I emailed him again no reply, then again. Finally I get a reply “what watch is yours?†Now this is very weird, number one Tony and I have been writing back and forth on the same email thread since the day I first inquired about buying the watch. Every conversation is there, including tracking codes both ways and the pics of the watch for my approval. So, now nervous I wrote him back asking what was going on, no reply. I have the receipt for the shipment back to China the signature, the mail thread and the credit card receipt I am in good shape. But I will wait a little bit longer to see what Tony will do. I figure he can’t get the parts to fix the watch. If that is true he should just be honest with me. I will wait and see just a little bit longer. I will keep you all informed.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
When you realized it would cost $70 to ship it back, did something click in your brain and make you realize it might be best to fix it locally ?

sita123

26/5/13
I tried getting it fixed here, but no one could get the parts. Tony said the factory does not know how to fix the watch they just replace the whole mechanism.

sita123

26/5/13
The first thing about replica watches there are no numbers, names identifing the parts that are used in these watches. Even the place that has fixed rep watches for me in the past couldnt find the parts, most likely because they have been discontinued. Remember that the rep 7750 movement is a replica 7750 movement not so easy to replace without serial numbers or something to identify the generic parts.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Listen , it's not my first rodeo. I'm well aware of what the Asian 7750 is. I've also had minor issues with them fixed locally.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
There are watch repair men on this site. I have a watch with Speedy right now getting fixed. There's no way I was risking sending the watch around the world and risking getting it lost or something. Tony will get back to you, and he will make it right. Next time contact the watch repair guys here and see what they can do. If you do that then the TD's can maybe offer you a discount or something on your next purchase. My bet is it can be fixed easily. They know what the parts are, don't need numbers. Read this, he doesn't say anything about not being able to work on 7750's http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/services-offered-105285

sita123

26/5/13
Thanks, for the info it is much appreciated. I didn’t know there was watch repair on this site. I am going to give Tony more time as I said before. Tony said he would replace the entire mechanism because even the factory does not know how to fix them. That is the reason I gave up on trying to find someone locally to fix it, after the people who fix my basic reps couldn’t get the parts. As far as shipping, the $70 dollars I paid, got the watch back to China safely in 5 days, and was tractable the entire way. If Tony fixes the watch that would make the repair much cheaper than the prices quoted by Speedy.

sita123

26/5/13
Tony just emailed me that the watch has been shipped back to me. Will update when it gets here.

egroegart

1/7/13
Tony is a T.D. for a reason. He is very good at what he does and backs up his word. Yes, it may take a little while, but we are dealing with TD's that are on the other side of the world in a different time zone, so things don't always move as fast as we would like them to, but Tony is a very good person to deal with. I would trust Tony if I sent my watch back to him, but I wouldn't send a watch back that just needed a repair because I don't want to risk customs and all of the snags the watch could get held up in on the way there or back. Good luck, and enjoy your watch.

sita123

26/5/13
Thank you, but if you can't send a watch back that you just paid for to be fixed or replaced, what good is having a TDealer in the first place?

egroegart

1/7/13
You can send it back. I just choose not to and have a modder fix it. Then Have a discount on my next watch. It's totally up to you what you do. I just feel safer doing it this way.