• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What was your first car?

dustin

Renowned Member
7/6/10
1958 Plymouth Belvedere 4 door, 318 wide block, push button automatic... Cherry Red & White

It was my father's, he bought it in the late 80s with 13,000 original miles on it.

I drove it for about 6 months after I turned 16, then we sold it.

edusyl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/8/09
My first car was a gogomobil 300 ( 300 cc. 2 cycle engine) 1960, 4 speed manual and my second car was a 1937 SS100. As You can see it was long.....time ago.
I stil miss the SS100, I trade it for a motorcycle!!!

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Mine was a 1981(I think) Dodge Omni. Mine was not a GLH unfortunately.

pic-5726.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
1976 Plymouth Duster

Duster1.jpg

(Looked just like this except Light Blue
vomit-3.gif
)

EDIT: I added another picture, yours wastn showing up on my PC, dont know if its my PC or not, so I will leave your picture there also

duster.jpg

SwissOmega

19/5/10
My first car was a 1990 Mustang LX 5 liter convertible Sevenup special edition. There were only 4100 ever made. It had the 5 liter V8 and the GT suspension and 7Up soda color combo a very special emerald green paint, white leather interior and a white top.

I bought the car when I was 14 with money that I had been saving since I was 4. my parents promised me a dollar a week for keeping my room clean to buy matchbox cars. I told my dad that I wanted to save for a real Mustang so he put the dollar a week in the bank for me.

When I was old enough I mowed lawns and saved for my first Mustang

I wanted a 1970 Mustang Boss 302 but was just a little short on cash by about when I went looking. I fell in love with the emerald green and white color combo on the 5.0. It was an automatic but I figured I could swap for a 5 spd later on. It was a "low mileage" car because the odometer only read to 99,999 so it indicated 08700 miles, haha but was actually 108700 when I bought her.

Bought the car and fixed her up until I got my license.

Loved the car and had her for quite a few years, unfortunately the rear main seal went, around the same time as the brakes started giving me trouble and the convertible top was rotting a little bit from having sat out for a year before I bought her.

Thus I was forced to trade her for my next Mustang, a 2001 Mustang GT Convertible.

I could talk for hours about all the good times had in my green car and I miss it despite all its failings.

I plan to buy another some day and restore it to perfect condition. It may not have been the best looking or performing car but I loved it and miss it terribly.

Hell I learned to power slide, threshold brake, proper weight shifting to maximize grip, and eventually learned to hold a consecutive corner drift in that car. (all on a closed course, I never raced on the road)

Enough talk here are a few pics I finally dug up on my old computer.

5195690006_large.jpg

5195690017_large.jpg

5195690012_large.jpg

5195690010_large.jpg

5195690007_large.jpg

5195690019_large.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
1976 Plymouth Duster

Duster1.jpg

(Looked just like this except Light Blue
vomit-3.gif
)

EDIT: I added another picture, yours wastn showing up on my PC, dont know if its my PC or not, so I will leave your picture there also

duster.jpg

Thanks! Great pic except my GF at the time was a blond. :facepalm:

Dudemeister

Known Member
15/9/09
So here is my car ownership history:

My first car was a metallic tan 66 Olds 98. A couple of years later I traded it in for a British made 71 Mercury Capri 1.6L in "British Racing Green". That gave way later to a 76 Mercury Capri Ghia 2.3L, white w/a tan "Landau Top".

After getting married, I sold the Capri and bought a silver 83 Pontiac Sunbird Station Wagon, but soon after I bought another Capri, a chocolate brown 77 Mercury Capri 2.8L with a hopped up engine and cool aero package.

Then the Pontiac decided to catch fire (a total loss), so I bought a 81 Volvo 760 GLE (the family car). Next I sold the Capri and bought a red 82 Toyota Supra MK I. That got replaced by an 85 Supra MK II (in chocolate brown again). Then the Volvo got sick and got replaced by a 87 Toyota Cressida (burgundy).

Just as my Supra was turning 200K, I "submarined" it under a truck one rainy night, so it was replaced by a metallic dark gray 88 Supra MK III Turbo with Kaminari aero package and 300bhp motor mods.

Then the wife decided she wanted a SUV, so out goes the Cressida, and in comes a 98 RAV4 (also burgundy red). Then one day a friend of mine offered me a great deal on a 94 infiniti Q45, but I had to give up my Supra (which to this day I still miss). The the RAV4 met an early demise, and was replaced by a 00 Mercedes ML320, which is what I still drive today.

So that's about 13 cars in about 35 years. My next purchase will be a something on the lines of a 04/05 350SLK.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Guys, from now on, if you don't have pictures, don't post here. The pictures don't have to be your own. A google image search of a similar car is fine. But MUST HAVE PICS!! Capisci?? ;)

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
My first car was such a crock of sh!t I can't even find an image on google!

It looked similar (but not as good) as this:

J768LPO.jpg

I was seventeen and I remember someone cut me up so I sounded my (feminine) horn.......more squeek than honk. Only problem was, the horn stayed on and I was a good twenty minutes from home. Nearly there when I had to stop on a red behind a line of traffic. A 9 foot tall, 500lb monster of a man got out of the car in front and told me, in no uncertain terms, "If you don't stop sounding that horn I'm gonna smash your nose and break all your fcuking teeth" or words to that effect!!!

Thankfully my nose is intact and I still have all my teeth.

Those were the days.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
68 Dodge Dart 4 Door. (Image not mine.) Mine was Olive green minus the hood scoop.

69dart5.jpg

Go Slant 6! Vrrrrooom Vrrroom. Every time it broke, my mom swore it was the carb. Won't start? "It's the carb she says." Blown tire, you got it.. Carb. lol Love Da Mom. :)

Hogan

Renowned Member
26/1/09
Here is the very car I bought... 1969 mercury Marquis.... Got for $550 from a little old lady. Only had 36k miles on her. Sold her 11 years later to the guy on the corner who then sold it to a guy around the block. This car has lived it's entire 41 years within a 5 mile radius of the original owner. Sans the pinstripe, she looks just like she did when I sold her back in 98. That 429 under the hood would run!!! 5.0L Mustangs could not touch me on a 40 roll.. But they would catch me around 110. LOL

IMG_0002-18.jpg

IMG_0005-11.jpg

My latest toys.....
The 67 Firebird has been in the family since new. Was the very first car I rode home in and 30 years later I brought my daughter home in that car from the same hospital!!!!
Firebird.jpg

Lex2009

29/10/09
Heres my first ....

Picture is near at waste, but its a Golf (rabbit) I GTI ... I loved this car, it was really fun ... f.e. thinking at the sounds by shifting down ...

eyga-3-gif-nb.html

borntoraisehogs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/10
First car 1933 Plymouth Coupe

Like this one, with a hemi from the junk yard ,without any hood at all, painted Petty blue with brushes and put together by 14 year old from junk and stolen property. Oh yea, and this one is nice. But it was a lot newer then 1963.
untitle33coupe.jpg