• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Vacheron Constantin are you wearing today?

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
This will be my next purchase - just need to decide blue dial or brown dial. Such a great looking watch
I don't think you can get ZF anymore, but MXF is available and is pretty decent. I'm a sucker for blue, so I got blue, but the RG/Brown was definitely up on my list.

If you want to wear it as a sports watch, then the blue/SS is my choice, it's more versatile and makes it look sportier. But if you're an office worker, dress cuff, then the RG/Brown looks much better.

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
I don't think you can get ZF anymore, but MXF is available and is pretty decent. I'm a sucker for blue, so I got blue, but the RG/Brown was definitely up on my list.

If you want to wear it as a sports watch, then the blue/SS is my choice, it's more versatile and makes it look sportier. But if you're an office worker, dress cuff, then the RG/Brown looks much better.
Yes I am sucker for blue too and I don’t dress up for work anymore (who does?). Will talk to my TD.
The wife has already given her approval lol

Reactions: Reaps

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Lol every time you go to read the time you have to have a little think about it. Just like the Frank Muller Crazy hours but not as confusing.
Which factory is this one sir. Are you happy with the quality? I do love the historique!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Which factory is this one sir. Are you happy with the quality? I do love the historique!
Unknown factory. Very pleasantly surprised with the quality for a €38 Quartz cheapie from Ali. It looks like it actually has a blue tinted sapphire crystal. The strap is usual crap quality. 20mm strap nt 22mm. It has the coorect clasp but it is not stamped. I have an RG one coming in from Sead with a ST19. The quartz one is pretty thick.

I put it on mesh and it suits it pretty well.

The one coming in from Sead looks to be thinner.

Here are Sead's QC pics

Last edited:

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
The one coming in from Sead looks to be thinner.

Here are Sead's QC pics

Steve from TOW is able to source this too from a so called AI Factory.

I read that this watch was released few years ago and not that popular because it was a few mm thicker than gen. Not sure if there is any new release with a thinner case. Wil be great if you can give your impression upon receiving this.

Reactions: C Master

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Steve from TOW is able to source this too from a so called AI Factory.

I read that this watch was released few years ago and not that popular because it was a few mm thicker than gen. Not sure if there is any new release with a thinner case. Wil be great if you can give your impression upon receiving this.
I can help you. I'm sourcing a similar watch for my father. I'll make a post in the VC subsection and tag you. I have pics from AI factory. Gimme a sec.

Reactions: C Master and pam63C

speedywombat

Supporter
Certified
29/7/23
H4f6qp.jpeg

:)

Reactions: C Master

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
WOW, can we hear more about this build please?
Yes it is the replica watch that I overpaid for with a gen dial i also overpaid for with a random AS movement inside of it. Random hands too lol. Looks decent and the dial is weathered so it has the vintage look. I may sell it soon to fund other projects.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Arrived yesterday. AIF.

For those who want to know I measured it at 9.5mm. The xtal stands proud by about 0.5mm so a case thickness of about 9mm. The gen is 8.06mm according to VC.

Reactions: pistebasher

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Arrived yesterday. AIF.

For those who want to know I measured it at 9.5mm. The xtal stands proud by about 0.5mm so a case thickness of about 9mm. The gen is 8.06mm according to VC.
What's your overall impressions of it? Looks great!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
What's your overall impressions of it? Looks great!
I absolutely love it. The strap is rep but actually really suits the watch but a little stiff (it has quick release bars) so I might buy a 22 for it. I have it on a mesh atm. I was afraid to overwind this one so I do not have an idea of PR. The winding it a bit on the loose side and does not feel like butter. The open movement at the back looks great as well. It is a bit of a block but not too thick. Reading the time takes a little getting used to as you actually have to read the numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: pam63C