• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Ultrabook Laptop Computer to buy?

Balad1

12/10/10
Ahoy RWI mates, misfit from RWG here.

Anyone up to speed to the new generation of Ultrabook laptop computers?

I'm looking at an HP model with the following specs, on sale for $799 from Costco:

Thoughts or recommendations?

HP ENVY 4t Ultrabook 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Processor 1.7GHz + Intel HD Graphics 4000

Backlit Keyboard
802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth®
32GB mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cach
6GB/500GB

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
The HP Envy is a nice ultrabook, also have a look at Apple's MacBook Air, Acer's range of Aspire ultrabooks, and Samsung's offerings.

The prices on ultrabooks will come down quite a bit over the next year as Intel are really pushing the platform.

I hope this helps.

Hazz37

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/4/12
Have a look at the Asus range, well built and good specs.

rols16610

20/4/12
Have a look at the Asus range, well built and good specs.

Forgot about the Asus one, they are very good as well, there are a few new models coming out over the next few months.

Mekki

Fake Lover
Supporter
Certified
6/8/07
EU
If we would know your application, we could certainly help more adequate !

JC7

15/6/10
Asus has a great one.. probably the best in comparison to apple.

Apple just released their new Pro with retina display but it's double the price of the envy.. I use the envy 14 daily I don't think any HP is REALLY considered an "ultrabook" even their newly released Spectre as they don't have the thinness or battery life required. I've never been an apple guy but I do love my new Ipad and am seriously considering a new MacBook Air for the thinness, weight and 7-8 hours of battery life.

Let us know what you get!

BTW, Lenovo is coming out with a YogaPad soon.. it flips 360 degrees and turns into a tablet. Looks badass.

Balad1

12/10/10
Thanks for all the help guys, you too Jeff, lol.

I'll take a look at the units recommended.

mstjulien

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/12
Dell 13" XPS Ultrabook - Core i7, 4GB RAM, 256SSD HD, Backlit

I have the same laptop in the 15" and it is a beast-- the best laptop I have ever had the SSD makes for great performance--and the QVC easy pay made it easy on the bank account