• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What The **** is Wrong With USPS???

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Maybe you used a bad label maker. Have you ever watched that Seinfeld episode??

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
Well, I'm not sure if my question deserves a new thread so hopefully there's some relevance.

I shipped a package via USPS 2-day priority within CONUS. It's a business address.

It should have arrived Thursday but delivery wasn't attempted until Friday night (8pm) when the office was closed. They also attempted redelivery Saturday noon. Business still closed.

Am I safe to assume that they'll try a third time on Monday?

I know for residential shipping, if you miss delivery once you have to go to the post office to pick up. How does a business address work?

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
My favorite tracking notes include something like this:

6:45am out for delivery
6:46am item undiliverable. Returned to processing facility.

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
I will not ship to or buy anything from Canada. Out of hundreds of transactions the only problems I've had are shipping to Canada that took 3 weeks and buying a watch from Canada that went missing. I've never had any problems with shipping to and from most other places in the world, just Canada.

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
Before complaining about USPS I think about China Post. With that as a frame of reference, USPS comes out looking pretty awesome (I just wish they would deliver packages to my residential address in SLC instead of making me [or my wife] go to the main facility at the airport to pick stuff up).

Of course, China Post does similar stuff with packages, they drop them at local shops and phone telling that they have done so; but, here is the problem, they do not bother recording which they droped at. As a result I have to wander from shop to shop looking for my packages.

In all, the USPS seems to do a pretty good job. But in the case of mail to China, all bets are off. USPS gets my stuff here in a matter of days; then it can be months to deliver it once it is China Post's hands.

geo333

Known Member
3/1/14
I live in Toronto and prior to last week have made purchases and was shipped via USPS priority with no problems. It took an avrage of 5 business days. I recently ordered a peice from Stan and was shipped on Feb 15 and has been stuck in Miami till Feb. 22. I checked on my canada post website and it says its enroute to Canada so hopefully I get it soon. As an american myself, it bugs me on how hit and miss the USPS service has been lately.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I have had packages come from Cali to Kentucky in two days flat!!
But here latley they take 9 days for the same rout!,,,,I don't know?,,,,,Go figure?,,,,Order it!,,,Forget about it,,,until it comes!,,Lol!!

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
So I'm in upstate NY. I'm getting a registered mail package from overseas.

shipping_zps19dfe1a7.png

What's the deal with that?

***UPDATE***
My package left Chicago and went back overseas to the originating country. Son of a ******!!!

Anyways, what did you guys pay for first class postage (no tracking) for a small item like a strap or bracelet links (less than 1.0 ounces) to ship overseas? I think my P.O. is ripping me off because I've been paying in the range of $7-10