• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What TAG are you wearing today?

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The dial was more silver like a seiko baby snowflake and the hands are supposed to be black according to the ref#. Then I compared the lume to a quartz version of the white dial watch, no comparison. The other thing that stuck out was the orange hand on the gen Tag didn’t react to the UV light but this one did. I also searched everywhere for this configuration white dial silver markers orange hand caliber 5. Couldn’t find it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The gen model does exist...I found it a while back when compared to my rep. It was a fantastic rep my orange seconds hand had great lume and it was so well finished. I’ve had may gen Tags and Breitling and scary how good they are getting.

Did it come with box/papers? The gen is not very expensive so looks like they are rolling the dice. At least with Amazon you can get your money back.

rober_am84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/5/20
789f75805508d40040b75c0792197e60.jpg

Enviado desde mi VOG-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
The gen model does exist...I found it a while back when compared to my rep. It was a fantastic rep my orange seconds hand had great lume and it was so well finished. I’ve had may gen Tags and Breitling and scary how good they are getting.

Did it come with box/papers? The gen is not very expensive so looks like they are rolling the dice. At least with Amazon you can get your money back.

It did come with box and papers, the box print was off in color and font. Also didn’t think the description was correct. Not trying to pick a fight here but I think you’re mistaken that this exists in gen, the reference number indicates it should have black surround markers like an explorer polar and a solid white dial, not silver. I have also owned several gen Tags as well as other gens.
https://www.calibre11.com/review-aquaracer-calibre-5-43mm-white-dial-way2013/

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
In fact I’ve even owned this exact model aqua racer before in black, and the lume was excellent, even compared to my gen planet ocean or submariner. This was dead in seconds.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
It did come with box and papers, the box print was off in color and font. Also didn’t think the description was correct. Not trying to pick a fight here but I think you’re mistaken that this exists in gen, the reference number indicates it should have black surround markers like an explorer polar and a solid white dial, not silver. I have also owned several gen Tags as well as other gens.
https://www.calibre11.com/review-aqu...-dial-way2013/

I’m referring to this rep WAY2013 that exists in gen:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...bber-strap-v6f

Spot on to gen
https://www.chrono24.com/tagheuer/ta...id16914341.htm

Are you saying the one you received had silver hands and silver surround markers as they look black in the pictures? Not sure what you received but the V6F rep has black hands like gen and black surround markers. The finishing on the V6F is on par with many gens I have had over the years like the grand Carrera, Monaco, Aquaracers, SOHII - if not familiar with the forum it could be mistaken for gen.

Last edited:

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying, the rep in the link is spot on with what I was expecting. This one didn’t have the black surrounds or black hands but had the orange second hand and text. That’s what I meant by they never made it in that configuration. In fact I may have to buy that rep now....

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yes that’s exactly what I’m saying, the rep in the link is spot on with what I was expecting. This one didn’t have the black surrounds or black hands but had the orange second hand and text. That’s what I meant by they never made it in that configuration. In fact I may have to buy that rep now....

Ha, yes it is an amazing rep;)

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Bamford is great except the seconds hand...not as the original one

Uh what? That’s what makes the Bamford, that It doesn’t have the same second hand, or markers, or finish or lume... kinda the point of the watch.