• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
Thanks! This is actually stock. This is a Noob V2, the actual 2nd version produced. I bought it in 2008. The insert has platinum colored paint that actually will sparkle and change color in the right sunlight. It could be a hair lighter. The next version produced after this one had white paint and they kept the white up until the newest release. I don't know why the hell they went from metallic to white.

The problem with this insert, though, is the numbers are too thin and the shade of silver is just a shade too dark.

I think the newest one is supposed to be pretty amazing. The pics look outstanding. It has superlume vs the weak rep lume that mine has. The insert is fantastic and overall it just looks perfect.

I'll wear mine until it either dies or I feel like I absolutely must upgrade. I can't justify the price, though, when I already have one that is pretty good. [emoji2]

I know very little about the ceramics... But have had interest in the GMT and 116610 LN before... But until now the reps haven't been all that great! There was a few good copies back in 2008 -2009 one of them being the GMT you have! Which I thought was a very decent copy with almost tan platinum color paint on the ceramic inserts they put in them! Glittering in the sun light
at certain angles... But as you stated the numbers was thin like and some not engraved deep enough!
But my attention has been drawn to the new V5 LN 116610 that looks awesome!
And hear great things about the new GMTs
Which reminds me I need to check out pure time and see these new GMT's? Have they done the new Batman yet?

Sent from my Rolex thinking brain!

D

d4m.test

Who besides Yuki sells rep Tudor Subs!
I love to build one? What kind of construction does it have? It looks great!

I really enjoyed looking at your pics! Need you to come and photograph some of my watches..lol

Hi Rudy40, and thanks:) Simple, asked Sead to source this one for me, actually it´s a 21j Cartel Tudor and quite stock.
Just aged the insert it came with, fitted gen-spec springbars and reshaved the cg a little bit (not enough yet, going to get them more pointy).
This is going to have a thinner Athaya-crown, some acrylic white paint and maybe rust - dots on the dial and some thicker white-creamy lume markers.
Want to keep this low-budget and only if I manage to ruin the dial totally I will get a Yuki - gilt one.
SuC_1431c_zpsba1ek7sw.jpg

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
As far as I know the Batman hasn't been upgraded yet, but I am sure it is on the list. I would expect that all of the Noob ceramics will be getting these upgraded and improved bezel inserts.

I asked Angus if he could source just the insert for me but he said it would be risky. He isn't sure if it will fit my watch since it is so old. I'll have to ask around on the boards if anyone can take measurements of the OD and ID of both the old and new inserts. If it indeed will fit then I might do it if the cost isn't too great. I think that would be a good upgrade without having to completely replace the watch.

Tagfan1

Renowned Member
15/1/13
2d473d902cdfa87cdc2c7d01f818515b.jpg

Some times I think I shouldn't be aloud to take pictures lol same watch better pic

image0r

14/11/14
I know very little about the ceramics... But have had interest in the GMT and 116610 LN before... But until now the reps haven't been all that great! There was a few good copies back in 2008 -2009 one of them being the GMT you have! Which I thought was a very decent copy with almost tan platinum color paint on the ceramic inserts they put in them! Glittering in the sun light
at certain angles... But as you stated the numbers was thin like and some not engraved deep enough!
But my attention has been drawn to the new V5 LN 116610 that looks awesome!
And hear great things about the new GMTs
Which reminds me I need to check out pure time and see these new GMT's? Have they done the new Batman yet?

Not yet on the batman

Status
Not open for further replies.