• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex are you wearing today? Part III

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
16919045796525.jpg

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Is it gold color PVD or real 18k plated? :) as far as I remember they used to have both versions...
It is the cheap version so it is PVD. I had a $1,300 BP 18k plated and a Noob 18k plated in the past. There was not enough significant difference for me to justify the excessive price. I decided they were just marketing gimmicks. If you look after the normal cheapo plating it will last a long time.

Actually I think there was a study done on them which concluded there was actually no real gold content.

Reactions: Casing23

Casing23

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
22/1/24
EU
It is the cheap version so it is PVD. I had a $1,300 BP 18k plated and a Noob 18k plated in the past. There was not enough significant difference for me to justify the excessive price. I decided they were just marketing gimmicks. If you look after the normal cheapo plating it will last a long time.

Actually I think there was a study done on them which concluded there was actually no real gold content.
Good to know, much appreciated, thanks 🙌🏻

Reactions: C Master