• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex are you wearing today? Part II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godfathar

I'm Pretty Popular
17/5/15
Europe
20160521_200941-02.jpg

20171106_110413-01.jpg

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Nice jacket. Just the insert needs an upgrade :) spongebob would kill it
The old thread was getting too large and behaving oddly, so here is the new one :)

I will start it off with my simple little Noob V6s Hulk on its way to the watchmaker to make the date disappear down a black hole.

RqhnCsp.jpg

Original image gone with Imgur but here is the result.

vk9bp.jpg

vksfX.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Nice jacket. Just the insert needs an upgrade :) spongebob would kill it

Thank you my favourite jacket :) I went as far as the prof xtal on this one. I have had way too many Hulks, I am afraid to go too far just in case I take a mad notion and sell this one too lol.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
Thank you my favourite jacket :) I went as far as the prof xtal on this one. I have had way too many Hulks, I am afraid to go too far just in case I take a mad notion and sell this one too lol.
I never owned a hulk, partly due to the darker older version inserts as it can be spotted easily, but I am considering getting a noob v9 or ARF soon after I receive my ceramic Daytona which I recently ordered. How do you find the Xtall ? I know it looks great on the black dials, but does that make green dial better or does it make the not so good green parts stand out more? I have never seen those Xtalls in person that's why your input here is extremely valued.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I never owned a hulk, partly due to the darker older version inserts as it can be spotted easily, but I am considering getting a noob v9 or ARF soon after I receive my ceramic Daytona which I recently ordered. How do you find the Xtall ? I know it looks great on the black dials, but does that make green dial better or does it make the not so good green parts stand out more? I have never seen those Xtalls in person that's why your input here is extremely valued.

It highlights the dial more. Without a loupe or high def photography it actually makes it look better. But on close inspection it will indeed show any flaws in the sunburst. I was considering a gen xtal for the Hulk but what I was really after was the black hole effect which prof seemed to nail pretty damn well. It is far superior to the Noob xtal that was on the V6s.

Cr7juv

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
23/9/18
It highlights the dial more. Without a loupe or high def photography it actually makes it look better. But on close inspection it will indeed show any flaws in the sunburst. I was considering a gen xtal for the Hulk but what I was really after was the black hole effect which prof seemed to nail pretty damn well. It is far superior to the Noob xtal that was on the V6s.
I couldn't agree more that your crystal is amazingly awesomely superior, and it's a whole new different level of technology whereby TD's can't get it from the factory like yours. You also mentioned GEN - would you know the difference between your prof Xtal and GEN ?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I couldn't agree more that your crystal is amazingly awesomely superior, and it's a whole new different level of technology whereby TD's can't get it from the factory like yours. You also mentioned GEN - would you know the difference between your prof Xtal and GEN ?

Apart from the LEC probably not the clarity is a little bit better on the prof actually. I do have a sub with a gen c12 crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.