• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What "replica brands" are the best?

yax

Horology Curious
28/4/20
newbie here and I was just looking through this and you guys must have seen post like this all the time but what is the best AP super rep on the market today and regarding Rolex what's the best sub with no date best of the best size weight look. so far I've learnt the zf15400 is decent but is There any better than this and is jf working on a better version then zf. regarding Rolex I think the zzf v2 is the best. correct me if am wrong

thanks in advance

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
newbie here and I was just looking through this and you guys must have seen post like this all the time but what is the best AP super rep on the market today and regarding Rolex what's the best sub with no date best of the best size weight look. so far I've learnt the zf15400 is decent but is There any better than this and is jf working on a better version then zf. regarding Rolex I think the zzf v2 is the best. correct me if am wrong

thanks in advance

I suggest you visit the Audemars Piguet sub-forum and do your research there. I read that the ZF iteration of the AP 15500 is a good one. But don't take my word for it, do your research and decide. Good luck.

Reactions: yax

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe

thanks in advance

As far as I found out until now:

what is the best AP super rep on the market today?

- There is no AP Super Rep OOTB but the ROO Diver JF 9.5 is one of the best AP Rep's compared to other AP's OOTB.

what's the best sub with no date best of the best size weight look?

- OOTB for the 114060 (No Date), ZZF V2 is better than NOOB V10; ARF is not making any 114060.

yax

Horology Curious
28/4/20
As far as I found out until now:

what is the best AP super rep on the market today?

- There is no AP Super Rep OOTB but the ROO Diver JF 9.5 is one of the best AP Rep's compared to other AP's OOTB.

what's the best sub with no date best of the best size weight look?

- OOTB for the 114060 (No Date), ZZF V2 is better than NOOB V10; ARF is not making any 114060.

how comes the zf 15400/15500 are not considered super reps ?

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
how comes the zf 15400/15500 are not considered super reps ?

Do some reading in the threads to this watches. But from what I know:
the open case back and the visible movement
The dial structure
The dw
Case thickness

​​​​​​There are more flaws but I can't remember them now.

Last edited:

Jovi75

Horology Curious
4/11/18
Thanks I’m quiet younger in this forum...
Really a good guide ...????????????only 2 questions:
I’d like to purchase a nautilus to improve little by little s good starting point could be ?.5711 or 3700?.
Second point..,purchasing a whole watch to be implemented in the time which is the best factory of these 2 specific references ?.

Thanks guys

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Hobgoblin351

Horology Curious
8/5/20
Lots of info for a newbie like me thanks guys. One other question. As far as movements go. I know I'm going to take heat for this one..... does each factory make their own movements? Like the watches, does one factory make a better style of movement than another? Are they rated for that? Or are they pretty much the same qualtiy.

Sunntown

Horology Curious
18/4/20
Belgium
does each factory make their own movements? Like the watches, does one factory make a better style of movement than another? Are they rated for that? Or are they pretty much the same qualtiy.

As an average newbie I would too stand in line to read a full-dress answer to that q.

Last edited:

Watch-a-say

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
yes! thanks for this! i like the subtle sexy Tudor GMT!!!

That's a great one. I would love to see a GMT in the BB58 case size. Or even just a BB GMT repped with CHS... but not much love/demand for that model unfortunately :(

nzkieran

17/6/20
so ARF is better than Noob v10 for Submariner 116610LN if I want it to be long lasting/better timekeeping.

Trying to decide between the submariner and daytona is giving me a headache. I think I'm gonna go with the submariner

loewenzahn

Mythical Poster
16/12/14
Germany
so ARF is better than Noob v10 for Submariner 116610LN if I want it to be long lasting/better timekeeping.

No. It's the movement determining how long and how precise a watch runs. All manufacturies use movements they don't produce. Most are Asian copies of known Swiss mvmts (e.g. 2824-2) or clones of brand mvmts as Rolex's 3135.
For example the Noob Sub V10 is available with A2836 or SH3135. The former is a work horse, uncomplicated and cheap to replace in case of fault. The latter is looking Rolex like when you open the case, but is a sensible beast, costing four times the 2836 in case of replacement.
Both are equal regarding the points you're asking. Consider that they aren't assembled from top grade parts and without any quality control, in pretty dusty environment..... and you know it's gambling how long they'll run. If you want to last your watch " forever " I'd buy the 2836 variant, wear it till the end of the mvmt and replace this by a Swiss ETA 2836-2 which will last.

nzkieran

17/6/20
No. It's the movement determining how long and how precise a watch runs. All manufacturies use movements they don't produce. Most are Asian copies of known Swiss mvmts (e.g. 2824-2) or clones of brand mvmts as Rolex's 3135.
For example the Noob Sub V10 is available with A2836 or SH3135. The former is a work horse, uncomplicated and cheap to replace in case of fault. The latter is looking Rolex like when you open the case, but is a sensible beast, costing four times the 2836 in case of replacement.
Both are equal regarding the points you're asking. Consider that they aren't assembled from top grade parts and without any quality control, in pretty dusty environment..... and you know it's gambling how long they'll run. If you want to last your watch " forever " I'd buy the 2836 variant, wear it till the end of the mvmt and replace this by a Swiss ETA 2836-2 which will last.

ARF or Noob. What a nightmare