• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

***What Patek Philippe do you have on your wrist today? PP Picture thread***

xav06

Known Member
Patron
Certified
27/10/10
I sold mine but I might want again. I regret it and not sure if the Gen Hamilton Murph 38 scratches the itch

Hi there, aah the hamilton Murph, I've been there.
It will not replace a rep 5226G by a long shot. Murph has no AR coating so huge glare, no boxed numerals. the lume is bad on the murph. Powermatic movement is ok precise but nothing special.

Murph 41 does have the 22mm lugs and a rubber b strap would be the perfect combo. it looks super nice and murph.

This 5226G (21mm lug with) is on a 22mm rubbber b that fits perfect. On the wrist the extra mm gives a very nice curvature to the band.

I haven't found a better combination yet, unless they sort out a 5226G with a screw down crown! Hop this helps!

Shiftayy

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
California
What mods has it got?

Sure, it is a 3K base with an SW dial, buff date wheel and buff hands. Then for mods the crown was recessed, the case was beveled and polished, and the rotor was silenced. Feels and looks fantastic. My buddy has a gen I’ve been comparing to and it’s obviously not 1:1 as that’s impossible, but it is very very close to me as a non watchmaker. SW dial in my opinion is the closest dial to gen.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Sure, it is a 3K base with an SW dial, buff date wheel and buff hands. Then for mods the crown was recessed, the case was beveled and polished, and the rotor was silenced. Feels and looks fantastic. My buddy has a gen I’ve been comparing to and it’s obviously not 1:1 as that’s impossible, but it is very very close to me as a non watchmaker. SW dial in my opinion is the closest dial to gen.
Looks fantastic, do you notice a difference in color of the lume between the SW dial and the Buff hands in person? The Buff hands appear a little more dull in the photo above

Shiftayy

Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
California
Looks fantastic, do you notice a difference in color of the lume between the SW dial and the Buff hands in person? The Buff hands appear a little more dull in the photo above
I am by no means as eagle eyed as most here, so take it with a grain of salt, but I have not noticed a big difference in lume when I look at it. Took a quick picture, this isn’t in a dark room so my camera definitely adjusted the image after the fact since it’s low light not completely dark.

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Thanks for the pics, looks fantastic!
So dial does not look 1:1 to gen in color but what about general dial quality compared to gen? Did you compare yours to a gen boxed or non boxed dial?
How does the 3 KF modded case compare to gen case?
Enjoy your beauty and wear always in good health.

Shiftayy

Supporter
Certified
29/4/23
California
Thanks for the pics, looks fantastic!
So dial does not look 1:1 to gen in color but what about general dial quality compared to gen? Did you compare yours to a gen boxed or non boxed dial?
How does the 3 KF modded case compare to gen case?
Enjoy your beauty and wear always in good health.

I’m not sure what you mean by boxed vs non boxed when it comes to the gen dial. When I say the dial isn’t 1:1 I say that because it’s obviously not genuine, not that it doesn’t *look* genuine. It does look really close though. We had a few “normal” people look at both and no one could tell a difference with holding both. Obviously knowing which is which there is a difference but to me it’s very subtle. These are by no means watch nerds past Rolex though.

As to the case, it’s slightly different but not enough to notice. It felt slightly bigger in width, but not noticeable unless specifically looking for differences. The bevel and polish of the bracelet makes a massive difference as it gets very close to gen. I am truly astonished with how close in both feel and look it is to a genuine 5711. Pretty wild. I wish I was in a place with access to phones at that time, but I was comparing in a place where any tech isn’t allowed at all. Hence more people than normal wearing mechanical watches over smart watches.

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
USA
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: zinduna

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
IMG-9128.jpg