• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the most number of times you have rejected your QC pics?

theinvestigator

Renowned Member
11/5/14
email the international watch company and buy a gen. Jeese wants to pay 1/10 price for same quality ha

vanquish0000

17/11/12
The markers on these pilot watches are mostly misaligned, not sure why can't they align it perfectly......maybe takes too long for each to make if they want to straight it? I dont know. Same thing happen to my IWC top gun doppel but yeah I can live with it plus no1 will ever care cuz it is just too hard to notice. And I love that watch very very much over my other reps like pam or ap....so I say you should accept it.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Nº2 I would have taken it and could live with it well I think.
The 9 marker is very slightly tilted but otherwise it´s fine (and really does look better with the aligned subdials) so here it comes to a degree where You just have to take decisions.

and thanks bc1221 - was always interested in the st19 (it looks gorgeous) but now will have an in-depth look at all available:)

the ST19 movement is solid. by far one of my fav movements. its a relatively low beat but its absolutely beautiful to look at.
i def wanna get more of these. the A. Lange datograph is a good one and i think the newman daytona has this movement too.
a PAM has it too but i forget which one.

if i go chrono, i def want it to be a St19. too many 7750 horror stories here for me to even consider getting one.

MisterGu

I'm Pretty Popular
3/10/13
Bro. You're gonna get blacklisted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subjeff

Mythical Poster
26/12/12
Never rejected a watch or asked for a QC pic. I have only had 1 issue in all my watches.

You better slow your roll or you won't have an issue with QC pics because nobody will sell you. It's a watch and 99.9% of the people could give a fack. Just wear it and be happy!

egroegart

1/7/13
exactly what jeff said. You will be black listed after much more of this. accept the watch. and like i said if there's something you're not happy with, it's an easy fix for a watchsmith to do and inexpensive. or if you can do it yourself even better. Like I said before you are costing them time and money for frivolous flaws that are minor. I'd accept the watch or just ask for a refund and not get into reps, you will be lucky if the next watch isn't much worse and has mechanical problems or something even worse. I don't push my luck. I trust my dealers and take what they send me because every watch has been great. and of course there might be something a little off on some of them, but these things are not that noticeable. These are in macro pictures magnified many times. Things you most likely wouldn't notice, or at least someone else wouldn't notice. and that subdial hand is a super easy fix.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
I just rejected my 2nd set of QC pics because the 9 o'clock marker is slanted. Do you think I am being unreasonable? :(

a5u2arus.jpg

:p

"Such a lovely place.... This could be Heaven or this could be Hell. We are all just prisoners here, of our own device. Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like. But you can never leave!" - Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

enthusiastic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/10/13
I have been buying 5 watches from TD, I rejected only once because the flaws were very obvious, the second replacement was still some flaws but it wasn't as bad so I accepted it. I think you should draw a margin of acceptable flaws. DOn't be an @sshole, after tall they are just replica that worth a few hundred dollars.

Alex_P1

I'm Pretty Popular
11/5/12
The sooner the TDs stand up against QC pics the better. They are a waste of time for everyone.

Every day I see people worrying about features of around 0.25mm when they've never even held the watch, let alone scrutinised one through a loupe. Supplying QC pics only encourages this IMO.

Go and look in the "Weekly Wrist-Check" thread, there are plently of beautiful photos of reps in there which attract hundreds of compliments, none of which you can analyse and pick up a piece of dust on the dial, because they are pictures taken in the real world, not at 20x magnification under stark lighting.

Every watch has flaws. Fact.

Accept this, and when a dealer says a watch is as good as it gets, wear it and enjoy it or put it in M2M if that microscopic misallignment keeps you awake at night.

These are $300 replicas, adding labour hours in the factories and with the TDs is only going to drive costs up further, which we'll all probably bloody moan about!

xpletiv

I'm Pretty Popular
3/3/10
You mean that the 'red' hand is not straight?!
?!?!?!?!?!?!?
You should have noticed that with the first qc pic. You know the one with the crooked sec hand. :woo:

Yes, you need to stop NOW!

You reject, take back rejection and accept, then reject...again!
Pow!

Fiveostang

6/11/12
I think you are being a little too anal. I'm surprised BMW hasn't chimed in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

btwn68n70

21/2/14
Just to follow up, I accepted the second watch. Rejected the first due to misaligned subdial @ 12.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
the reason for QC pics in my humble opinion is I order watch X TD sends picture, watch in picture is watch X I ordered. QC pics approved. Not to nit pick every single little thing. Never have I rejected a watch