• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is the best available PAM Rep these days?

MadMax313

Horology Curious
7/6/19
It may be outdated, but nothing in there is especially unique. It's simply a compilation of all the pertinent information contained in the forums. If you are interested in a specific model, you can still use the search button to get the same info. ;) Also, to clarify, TDs in no way, shape or form helped in the creation of the guide. It was all ALE7575's effort.

ALE7575 did an amazing job. Is he still an active member? As far as the guide, it is one of the best posts that I keep visiting over and over because it just gives a comprehensive summery of the best replicas in one place rather than searching for each model.

And I think the TDs, should participate in updating this guide. That way we know what's available and what's not! and what are the new reps that coming out.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I didn't expect my question will have all these replies. Glad that I'm learning more about the new super reps. I agree with SuperSpark about the reference list, I think it needs to be updated with the help of the TDs. That way we know what is available and what is not and what are the new super reps model.

What exactly.Would you want the TDs to do? It may surprise.you but many of the TDs do t know a lot about watches outside of the feedback we provide. They have limited knowledge and know the prime.mover of watches is often driven by the excitement of senior members on the forums.

MadMax313

Horology Curious
7/6/19
What exactly.Would you want the TDs to do? It may surprise.you but many of the TDs do t know a lot about watches outside of the feedback we provide. They have limited knowledge and know the prime.mover of watches is often driven by the excitement of senior members on the forums.

All I'm saying is they can provide information of the models that are still available for the buyers which are listed in the guide, and add the new reps model for future reviews.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
ALE7575 did an amazing job. Is he still an active member? As far as the guide, it is one of the best posts that I keep visiting over and over because it just gives a comprehensive summery of the best replicas in one place rather than searching for each model.

And I think the TDs, should participate in updating this guide. That way we know what's available and what's not! and what are the new reps that coming out.

First, the guide, while indispensable, is not meant to replace doing your own research. ALE7575 put a huge amount of effort into the guide for several months and even by the time of the publication of the guide, there were already some new models that were not included. He is somewhat active but he has real life concerns to contend with much like any other member. Second, availability is a constantly moving target, it changes hour to hour, from TD to TD. Unless updated in that frequency, availability information is practically useless. No TD would accept such a responsibility, their resources stretched enough as it is. Not to mention adding another thing to blame them for. Adding more work for little gain (people will still buy reps even without them doing this, forums are not their main source of sales), the cost/benefit analysis would result to a bad outcome. If you want to buy something, just ask the TDs for availability then and there and if it's available, then buy it immediately because it may not be available for long. .

Reactions: DaleM

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
I found the only flaws on the PAM320 from VSF are the faux power reserve indicator and the dial color/ numerals are slightly off. Is that correct?

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Do you have pictures of the actual watch?

But the hour markers are not correct for a C-series watch.

Don't have pictures right now but will try to take later, thank you very much.